Windows 10: skipping driver updates

Discus and support skipping driver updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Microsoft still seem to be silly including nvidia drivers as high priority updates. Installing these drivers can lead to bugs and enforced GeForce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chrysalis, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Chrysalis Win User

skipping driver updates

Microsoft still seem to be silly including nvidia drivers as high priority updates.

Installing these drivers can lead to bugs and enforced GeForce experience applet.

Does anyone know a way yet to skip driver updates?

:)

Chrysalis, Jul 20, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

windows 10 asus laptop dpc_watchdog_violation ntoskrnl.exe blue screen

Hopefully a future driver update will fix the skipping.

auggy, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Facebook skipping status updates

I have a problem with the people hub that I haven't been able to find any info on. When I go to What's New, the first few updates from Facebook are current and in order. But at some point as I scroll down the list, it will start skipping large chunks of
    updates. The number that I get before the skip seems to vary from 10-40 and happens whether I check every hour or wait 6, 8, or even up to 24 hr. They are always in order but will jump from 1 hr ago to 6, then 12, then 18 or something like that. When I go
    to the FB app or browser FB, all the updates are there.

I've tried deleting my FB association with MS, resetting the connections within FB, & all manner of refreshing & changing time intervals between checking again on What's New. I keep hoping it will work itself out but now after several months, I think it
    has stuck. BTW, I also use Twitter on What's New & it does not suffer the same problem. Any thoughts, advice, or questions would be appreciated.

KevinSmithMSFan, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

skipping driver updates

1. skipping driver updates - Similar Threads - skipping driver updates

2. Skipping Certain Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skipping Certain Windows Update: I recently have received a cumulative update for win10 version 21H1 KB5015807.I previously restarted my pc after being prompt about the update and my PC cannot detect external monitor anymore tried with 2 different monitors and 2 different HDMI cableSo I reset my PC only to...
  3. Skipping Certain Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skipping Certain Windows Update: I recently have received a cumulative update for win10 version 21H1 KB5015807.I previously restarted my pc after being prompt about the update and my PC cannot detect external monitor anymore tried with 2 different monitors and 2 different HDMI cableSo I reset my PC only to...
  4. Skipping Certain Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Skipping Windows Updates

Skipping Windows Updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 that I haven’t used in around 3 years and it’s currently running windows version 1703. Can I jump ahead to the current 20H2 update or do I have to download all the previous updates in chronological order?...
  6. How to skip updates selectively

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to skip updates selectively: I've got Windows 10 on two computers, both currently use Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I've also diddled my registry on both machines to notify me of updates, but not to automatically download and/or install them. A couple of days ago I received notification that some...
  7. Skip Some updates or not

Skip Some updates or not: Not sure if the ppl here who have updated to KB4517211 are seeing these new bugs, but FYI Three known bugs in the latest build of Win10 version 1903 @ AskWoody 141479
  8. how to skip a particular update

how to skip a particular update: I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on...
  9. Skip the Anniversary Update?

Skip the Anniversary Update?: Is it possible to skip the anniversary update but still get security updates? The question is not whether this is a good idea. Just, is it possible. 60216
  10. Can semi-major updates be skipped

Can semi-major updates be skipped: I downloaded the tool to install Redstone II (version 1703) onto my computers, first I checked to see if any windows or app updates were needed, on my two computers that were used all the time , nothing was needed and used the tool to upgrade to Redstone II (version 1703)....