Windows 10: skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool?

Discus and support skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've done the upgrade on my computers just fine. My mom gave me her laptop to upgrade for her. But she needs it back soon. With the upgrade "app", I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dumhed, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Dumhed Win User

skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool?

I've done the upgrade on my computers just fine. My mom gave me her laptop to upgrade for her. But she needs it back soon. With the upgrade "app", I reserved the upgrade. But I'm not sure how long it will have to wait. I have the installer on USB, since I used that for my clean re-install on by two computers. Is there a way to skip the reservation wait? Or does Microsoft require the upgrade to be "cleared" in sense in order for the upgrade to work or to be activated?

:)

Dumhed, Aug 12, 2015

2. Wait or use media creation tool?

So I really want windows 10 really really bad. I would dread waiting weeks or days, so should I use media creation tool to "skip the line" or should I wait. What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing media creation tool vs waiting for the upgrade?
    Thanks

Djcooper64, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Spawn-Lee Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key required?

I reserved Windows 10(I had Windows 8.1), but I found out if you didn't want to wait for it, you could use the media creation tool. When I clicked upgrade this pc now, it downloaded, but than it said "Modern Setup Host has Stopped Working", so I downloaded
    windows 10 to a flash drive, and installed it from the flash drive. It asked me for a product key, but I skipped it, and than later on it asked me again, so I skipped it again. Now when I go to "personalize" it, it says I need to activate it. Is there anything
    I can do.

Spawn-Lee, Aug 12, 2015
  4. skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool?

I couldn't wait for Microsoft.
    I installed all my computers with the Media Creation tool.
    All upgrades and clean installs activated properly and went without a hitch.
    Go ahead and start work on the upgrades!

teachermark, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Dumhed Win User
    thanks! I'll do that and get this computer back to her.

Dumhed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool?

1. skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool? - Similar Threads - skipping reservation wait

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  10. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083