Windows 10: Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

Discus and support Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In case I decide to reinstall Windows 10 v1803 (or later releases) by performing a Clean Installation, how can I skip the Security Questions during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

In case I decide to reinstall Windows 10 v1803 (or later releases) by performing a Clean Installation, how can I skip the Security Questions during the Local Windows Account setup stage? The first local account setup would be my Admin account. Then, once Windows completes the setup, then, I would create a Standard User local account.

But is there a way to skip the Security Questions during the clean installation?

Or, is there any way to remove the Security Questions on my two Local Accounts?

Thanks!

:)

win10freak, Oct 3, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 3, 2018
  4. theaba Win User

Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

Windows 10 clean re-install requires product key - cannot skip

After upgrading to Windows 10, I produced an installed CD using the Microsoft install CD creation tool. I now want to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 while preserving my files and applications. When installation using CD starts, the program requests
    a product key. In some forums they suggest to skip this step and Windows 10 will later fix the product key. But in my case, I do not see a skip option. The 'Next' button is grayed until I enter a valid product key. I do have a valid OS on my system.
    That is why I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

The question is how to perform Window 10 re-install when the program does not allow me to skip/postpone activation? Thanks.

theaba, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

1. Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process? - Similar Threads - Skipping Security Questions

2. Windows 10 installation issues during setup process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation issues during setup process: Hello, I had perfectly fine and stable running windows 10 installation since december last year, i decided to update to new windows (21h1), this installation failed disastrous: - First of all the "update and restart" wouldn't go away, and when i decided to "update and...
  3. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: Hi All Do i just stick in a Ei.cfg or a PID into my flash drive sources folder prior to a clean install of 1809 or 1903 in the future? i know if i do a system clean install of 1809, then later upgrade to 1903, then i'll avoid i think the Reserved storage coming with it....
  4. Clean install question

Clean install question: About to do a clean install on a PC that has 10 on it and activated. It was a windows 7 machine that had the free 10 offer installed. Will it activate when the clean install is complete? I thought the key was embedded but not sure. When I get to where to install it, can I...
  5. Clean install questions

Clean install questions: Hello I need some help/confirmation on what I intend to do in the near future. I am currently a windows insider on the slow ring and I have build 14342 installed, I want to get out of the insider program (I know how to do that in settings) but it raises a few questions....
  6. Clean install questions

Clean install questions: I just upgraded my computer from 7 to 10 from the free upgrade using windows update. I now want to do my clean install but have a couple questions before i do it. The first is about activating i read somewhere that you can use your windows 7 key with the new build. So do i...
  7. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I read that a clean install rebuilds partitions and makes a recovery partition. My question is does it allow you to pick the size of the partition that Windows 10 is installed to ? I have a 1 terabyte drive but like to install in a 100gig partition. I think I will...
  8. Clean install question

Clean install question: I am about to do a clean install windows 10. The hard drive has 3 partitions and all on it is wacked. Should I pull the drive and make a single partition or will the install do it? 100595
  9. Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage

Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage: Hello everyone. I would like to know how to join a workgroup and login as a workgroup account after formatting the computer? By default, Windows setup wants to create a local account before you can log in into the Windows. [img] Is that possible not to create a...
  10. Clean install question.

Clean install question.: It's been stated that after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 you will be able to do a clean install of Windows 10. Does anyone know yet how this will happen? Will Microsoft provide a link to download the .iso or will it be a case of converting the esd to iso. I've...