Windows 10: SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

Discus and support SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 9, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

Hi folks

Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box.

This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!).

It's now a stand alone app -- no more nonsense with the old silverlight rubbish needed.

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes [​IMG]

(Also works on android for those people who love watching movies on tiny mobile phone screens !!!!).

For once --Well done SKY -- usually not my favourite business -- still I would like a Native Linux SKY GO app though !!!! and not browser based. This app isn't browser based thank goodness it's a stand alone app.

However some of these huge companies operate at "Glacial Speed" when it comes to new developments -- although they react with greased lightning when updating subscriptions with higher prices !!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 9, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Netflix now on SKY Q boxes

Hi folks

SKY Q customers can get NETFLIX now 100% LEGALLY on SKY Q boxes including miniboxes -- this saves having to mess about with laptops / tablets / casting from phones / using roku and amazon fire TV boxes. I'm all in favour of minimizing boxes and dongles attached to TV sets.

No extra cost if you already have a NETFLIX subscription --just login as usual --same interface etc. A lot more convenient (I have 3 SKY Q miniboxes and a mail SKY Q box). I find also much better response than from smart TV with NETFLIX app built in - usually slow and cumbersome, and no LAN connections. (Also SKY Q boxes can be recordable too).

A bit fiddly to set up on the mini boxes -- just google for it but worth it.

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 9, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Sky Q router and Devolo

Hi there

@sam02

First set up your SKY Q main box and any mini-boxes (SKY has a convoluted setup for SKY Q -- uses an "internal mesh" -- on a wifi network you will probably see these as SKYxxx or similar).

Now check no enabled firewalls in the Router that block wifi access.
    Finally on the router enable DHCP, and ensure both 5ghz and 2.4 ghz wifi are enabled (some older devices can't use the 5ghz band).

Check also if both IPV4 and IPV6 are enabled -- older devices will probably need IPV4 -- newer routers often now set IPV6 as default.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 9, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Sky Q router and Devolo

Hi thank you for that info but i am afraid its a bit over the top for me, i have tried the Sky Q router and i get no increase in speed than my old router so i will stick with what i have.

But thanks for the advice

sam02, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes - Similar Threads - SKY users SKY

2. SKY TV viewers (or SKY GO as well)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY TV viewers (or SKY GO as well): Hi folks Is there any thing on the SKY TV platform that performs a search - whether on sky go or otherwise if you say on demand or whatever - you get an endless parade of icons across the screen but (at least I haven't found it) there's no search facility. Every other...
  3. Sky Go

Sky Go: My Sky Go App has suddenly stopped working on my PC. A box opens which says 'checking for updates' and then it just closes. I've run Troubleshoot which refers me to run Aero Control Panel>Appearance but I don't appear to have Aero. Any advice? Thanks...
  4. sky go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go: hi my windows 10 will not allow me to download sky go , keep getting message to load aero theme when i fallow the info on set the theme nothing will load , any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go/91de9049-8601-46ce-a8a8-c77046c67915
  5. Sky go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sky go: Having problems watching sky go I have HP window 10. Sky cant help HP cant help. When I watch sky go it stutters and it echos.. I bought my laptop on the 30th October 2019 not old.. I don't have trouble with sky go on window 7 or 8.. its very frustrating as I bought it...
  6. SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update: Hi folks looks like some of these streaming services are getting a bit tougher -- they don't seem to like you attempting to save a show so you can watch it later After latest sky go update (and you can't avoid the update) -- it's actually easy to bypass but that's another...
  7. Sky Q router and Devolo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sky Q router and Devolo: Hi can someone help please I have been running a Sky router and Devolo 500+ Duo for some time now with no problems. But Sky has sent me a new SkyQ router and the base unit of the Delolo will not connect to the new router no matter what I try. On running the Devolo Cockpit it...
  8. Netflix now on SKY Q boxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Netflix now on SKY Q boxes: Hi folks SKY Q customers can get NETFLIX now 100% LEGALLY on SKY Q boxes including miniboxes -- this saves having to mess about with laptops / tablets / casting from phones / using roku and amazon fire TV boxes. I'm all in favour of minimizing boxes and dongles attached to...
  9. Sky Brodband Box Infections?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sky Brodband Box Infections?: I have been using Sky Broadband Box for 3 Years now and over that Period of time, I have experienced some bad infections. Before I start off by resseting my PC overnight, is it possible that my Sky Broadband Boz can be infected? 34553
  10. Sky Go

Sky Go: Sky Go App doesn't work in W10, I have tried different Silverlight settings to no avail! *Sad 13693