Windows 10: SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

Discus and support SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks looks like some of these streaming services are getting a bit tougher -- they don't seem to like you attempting to save a show so you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jan 31, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

Hi folks

looks like some of these streaming services are getting a bit tougher -- they don't seem to like you attempting to save a show so you can watch it later

After latest sky go update (and you can't avoid the update) -- it's actually easy to bypass but that's another issue

SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update [​IMG]

I'm not sure I like the idea of applications seeing what you have installed on your computer -- all they should do is to see if the correct OS is running and any desired libraries etc. They shouldn't be scanning for perfectly legitimate 3rd party programs that have nothing to do with the Sky Go application.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 31, 2019

2. sky

Hi,

Apologize for the late reply.

• Are you watching SKY channels online?

• If yes, which browser are you using to watch it?

• What happens when you watch SKY?

Please reply for further help.

Waseemulla S, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Wine King Win User
    sky

I watch sky online with internet explorer that is when using windows 7, but when I upgrades to windows 10 it would not let me watch it so I have gone back to windows 7. Is it possible to watch sky online using windows 10.

Wineking

Wine King, Jan 31, 2019
  4. SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

Sky Go

Reading some of the answers here it seems to suggest that Sky is at fault for the lack of availability of SkyGo on Windows phones.

So I had a real go at Sky and was told by more than 3 departments that the problem was that Windows would not supply the necessary code to Sky.

So Windows, is this true?

RichardPerriman, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

1. SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update - Similar Threads - SKY Users sneaky

2. SKY TV viewers (or SKY GO as well)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY TV viewers (or SKY GO as well): Hi folks Is there any thing on the SKY TV platform that performs a search - whether on sky go or otherwise if you say on demand or whatever - you get an endless parade of icons across the screen but (at least I haven't found it) there's no search facility. Every other...
  3. Sky Go

Sky Go: My Sky Go App has suddenly stopped working on my PC. A box opens which says 'checking for updates' and then it just closes. I've run Troubleshoot which refers me to run Aero Control Panel>Appearance but I don't appear to have Aero. Any advice? Thanks...
  4. sky go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go: hi my windows 10 will not allow me to download sky go , keep getting message to load aero theme when i fallow the info on set the theme nothing will load , any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go/91de9049-8601-46ce-a8a8-c77046c67915
  5. Sky go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sky go: Having problems watching sky go I have HP window 10. Sky cant help HP cant help. When I watch sky go it stutters and it echos.. I bought my laptop on the 30th October 2019 not old.. I don't have trouble with sky go on window 7 or 8.. its very frustrating as I bought it...
  6. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes: Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!). It's now a stand...
  7. Sky Go on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sky Go on Windows 10: Hello! Sky Go plays on my laptop, but permanently in slow motion (no buffering) & without sound. I've uninstalled it, then started again, no luck! Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go-on-windows-10/399348bc-1e10-4db2-bb62-7cd416c71950
  8. SKY GO on a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    SKY GO on a Virtual Machine: Hi folks anybody here managed to get SKY GO up and running on a Windows Virtual Machine. I'm bashing my head against a brick wall here. Netflix, BBC Iplayer and Amazon prime all work perfectly so what's with SKY. - Even BT sports works fine on a VM. Once Netflix /...
  9. Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge: Hi there. Just wondering if there are any SKY GO users here --I love it for UK football (Premier league on Sky sports). However because it still uses Silverlite security one is forced to continue to use IE11 (although I believe there are some unofficial workarounds to get...
  10. Sky Go

Sky Go: Sky Go App doesn't work in W10, I have tried different Silverlight settings to no avail! *Sad 13693

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sky go download and update issue