Windows 10: Skydrive and OneDrive double folder

Discus and support Skydrive and OneDrive double folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i set up a new Machine and updated to the latest version. Windows 10 home This created a Skydrive folder which I pointed to O: Onedrive from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BerndCS, Apr 14, 2020.

1. BerndCS Win User

Skydrive and OneDrive double folder

Hi,

i set up a new Machine and updated to the latest version. Windows 10 home

This created a Skydrive folder which I pointed to O: Onedrive from the old harddisk i reused.

Now i have a Skydrive folder syncronised with the cloud. And in the that Skydrive there is another folder OneDrive. The onedrive has now a copy of the data from the Skydrive. Basically all data are double.

I dont know which data are now syncronised?

can I merge them to only the OneDrive somehow??

Thanks very much for advise!

Betnd

:)

BerndCS, Apr 14, 2020
  2. lx07 Win User

OneDrive vs SkyDrive

You got everything selected in OneDrive Settings > Account tab > "Choose folders" I suppose?

Skydrive and OneDrive double folder [​IMG]

Perhaps you could try unlinking OneDrive on your tower, rename SkyDrive directory to OneDrive and then run OneDrive setup again just in case it really does require the new name. The method is described here Move the OneDrive Folder - Microsoft Community

You could also have a look at %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\logs\Personal\SyncDiagnostics.log and see if has the word "Error" anywhere but I've had more luck disconnecting and reconnecting when I had SkyDrive errors in the past.

3. bro67 Win User
    Onedrive vs Skydrive with different folders

Skydrive was changed to "Onedrive". What you are seeing are folders, not the actual service in Windows.

bro67, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Tony K Win User

Onedrive vs Skydrive with different folders

Hi there, @mikecox.

bro67 may be right in that your tower is dragging along an older user folder and structure with it through upgrades. (assuming here)

Are they the same OSs and editions?

Is OneDrive settings on both set identically?

Tony K, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Skydrive and OneDrive double folder - Similar Threads - Skydrive OneDrive double

2. SkyDrive requesting special permissions on the OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SkyDrive requesting special permissions on the OneDrive: When will Microsoft fix this bug in App One Drive Mr. attendant, please put an objective solution, as I'm tired of faulty guidelines like reinstall the App, run an anti-malware and all other ready-made answers you have that don't work...
  3. SkyDrive requesting special permissions on the OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SkyDrive requesting special permissions on the OneDrive: When will Microsoft fix this bug in App One Drive Mr. attendant, please put an objective solution, as I'm tired of faulty guidelines like reinstall the App, run an anti-malware and all other ready-made answers you have that don't work...
  4. SkyDrive wants access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SkyDrive wants access to OneDrive?: Hi. Recently SkyDrive is asking for access to my OneDrive folder, any ideas why? [ATTACH]why would this be. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skydrive-wants-access-to-onedrive/16485c25-abe6-4d1c-8938-c9a05b9af01f
  5. OneDrive Doubles

OneDrive Doubles: Onedrive has filled my Users Folder and itself with multiple copies. How do I stop this, or do I need to uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-doubles/0c81035a-2b57-46ac-9a70-00721dd93f11
  6. Onedrive adding duplicates with new "1" extension to photos in Skydrive folder

Onedrive adding duplicates with new "1" extension to photos in Skydrive folder: Recently i'm seeing a bunch of photos in m Skydrive folder (both on my PC via the OneDrive app/file folder, AND online in OneDrive directly) with a "1" added to the file name. These are still jpg's, but if I click on them they won't open. Says OneDrive can't open this type...
  7. Skydrive

Skydrive: I'm trying to understand how Skydrive works. Background: We (wife and I) have 2 physical PC's. Hers is a desktop and mine is a laptop. Her desktop formerly had Windows 7 & was upgraded to Windows 10 when 1st released to the world. My laptop formerly had Windows 8.1 & was...
  8. OneDrive vs SkyDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive vs SkyDrive: Anyone have any idea why I can't access this pdf file, that is on my OneDrive, from any device? [img] . 100513
  9. Onedrive vs Skydrive with different folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive vs Skydrive with different folders: I can't figure out why my SkyDrive, as it used to be called, and my OneDrive have different names! When I started on my Desktop the Cloud drive was called SkyDrive. It's still labeled that way on my Desktop while on my Laptop it labeled OneDrive. I could live with that but...
  10. Microsoft rechristens 'SkyDrive' as 'OneDrive'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rechristens 'SkyDrive' as 'OneDrive': Microsoft just announce the awaited replacement name for SkyDrive, its cloud storage service. As first spotted by Rod Trent at Windows ITPro, the new name is "OneDrive." Microsoft is confirming the new name in a January 27 blog post. OneDrive.com, a preview site, notes...