Windows 10: Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Skydrive continues to appear in Windows Explorer, although if I left click on it I get a "Location is not available" error message. If I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Golfer2081, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

Skydrive continues to appear in Windows Explorer, although if I left click on it I get a "Location is not available" error message. If I click on properties it shows as a system folder but its size is zero kbs. OneDrive does appear under my user section of WE.

Is there a way to remove this empty folder? Right clicking does not give that option and left clicking gives the above noted error message.

:)

Golfer2081, Jul 29, 2020
  2. AllanP Win User

Old Skydrive removal

I'm actually asking for a friend who upgraded from W8.1 to W10. He has both Onedrive and Skydrive listed in Windows Explorer. The question is how to remove Skydrive and keep Onedrive. He has tried renaming Skydrive; well here is a quote from his email to me" I tried renaming Skydrive and then deleting it but when you try to open OneDrive on the desktop the file can't be found?"

AllanP, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

1. Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Skydrive Still Appears

2. Reset Skydrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Skydrive: Hello Microsoft! As I remember in 2012-2014 some years ago, Onedrive called... Skydrive. Skydrive was with this logo and wordmark back then 2012-2014 and Skydrive had also this beautiful design under in the photos. And it had more good abilities. So, please can you reset...
  3. Reset Skydrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Skydrive: Hello Microsoft! As I remember in 2012-2014 some years ago, Onedrive called... Skydrive. Skydrive was with this logo and wordmark back then 2012-2014 and Skydrive had also this beautiful design under in the photos. And it had more good abilities. So, please can you reset...
  4. Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting: See this screenshot, I've ejected my PenDrive but still it is appearing there. It didn't used to happen like this before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-still-appears-on-file-explorer-even-after/4834fc88-5c0f-4afc-8b19-7393f247651c
  5. Deleted Files still appearing in Explorer Error 80004005

Deleted Files still appearing in Explorer Error 80004005: Hello, I recently moved a bunch of files to another drive but two subfolders of a folder couldn't be moved. It said Error 80004005 which is what I read some kind of a security reason..If I want to delete or open the subfolders or the main folder it says that the folder is no...
  6. your Skydrive

your Skydrive: How do I acces to yo your Skydrive to download the folderfix.drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-skydrive/326df3f7-ed5a-462d-8500-04786d55889a"
  7. Skydrive

Skydrive: I'm trying to understand how Skydrive works. Background: We (wife and I) have 2 physical PC's. Hers is a desktop and mine is a laptop. Her desktop formerly had Windows 7 & was upgraded to Windows 10 when 1st released to the world. My laptop formerly had Windows 8.1 & was...
  8. Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10: I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the File Explorer again, the folder still appeared. When I deleted it File Explorer indicated that the folder no longer exists....
  9. files on skydrive

files on skydrive: Instead of Microsoft Office I have Softmaker 2016 ($29) and it does everything that Office does. My problem is that all of my files from this program are stored on OneDrive although every file, even recent ones say SkyDrive, and when I open OneDrive It is not the same as when...
  10. OneDrive vs SkyDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive vs SkyDrive: Anyone have any idea why I can't access this pdf file, that is on my OneDrive, from any device? [img] . 100513