Windows 10: Skype Account

Discus and support Skype Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by grahamangell, May 5, 2019.

1. Skype Account

I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password and everything seems ok apart from skype. what should I do

:)

grahamangell, May 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 5, 2019
  3. Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 5, 2019
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Skype Account

Skype on Windows Phone 7.x with an upgraded Messenger Account

Hello GarthMoodie:

Thank you for your reply and your patience. Over the past few days I have been doing some additional work on this and found that you should be able to get this to work on your phone. You may have some steps to take to get an account that works, but when
    all is said and done you should be able to sign into the Skype client and have your messenger contacts added to the Skype account.

What I have gathered from Skype is that when the messenger account is upgraded, a temporary Skype account/Id is created. This leads to the issues signing into the Skype application, as you cannot sign in with your Microsoft account but need a Skypename
    and password. What needs to be done is the following.

• Sign into Skype | Communication tool for free calls and chat with the Microsoft account that was associated with your messenger account.
    • Once you are signed in, click on the Skype name in the upper right corner and then click on account settings.
    • Here you should see a list of your accounts. You should notice there is no option to change the password for your Skype account, this looks to be the issue as this temporary account does not seem to have a password associated with it. Below the Skype
      account section you should see your Microsoft account listed.
    • Next you will unlink the Microsoft account from this Skype account. This will prompt you to close this Skype account, click continue.
    • Once you have this account closed you will go back to Skype.com and create a new account. During this process you will be prompted to create a new Skypename and password.

Once you have created this new account you will merge your existing Microsoft account to the new Skype account.

To merge a Skype and a Microsoft account:

• Start Skype.
    • Click Microsoft account .
    • Enter your Microsoft email and password. Check Sign me in when Skype starts
      if you want to sign in automatically with your Microsoft account every time you are starting Skype.
    • Click Sign in.
    • If you are already using Skype, click I have a Skype account
      to sign in with your Skype account. If you do not have a Skype account, click
      I’m new to Skype to sign in with your Microsoft account.
    The final steps to complete the merge are as follows:

Skype starts searching the matching account and you will have the following options:

• If you see your Skype account, just click it, then enter your Skype account password, and click
      Sign in .
    • If your Skype account is not listed or if you want to use another account, click
      Use a different account , then enter your Skype Name, password and click
      Sign in .
    • If no match is found, you are directed to a Skype sign-in window. Just enter your Skype Name, password and click
      Sign in .
    • Then click Continue .
    When you merge your Skype and Microsoft accounts:

• You have one unified contact list to get in touch with your Skype, Messenger and Facebook contacts directly from Skype
    • You can view your chat history with your Skype contacts on any device
    Your Microsoft account contacts will appear within your Skype contact list, and your Skype contacts will be displayed within your Microsoft account contacts.

If you have the same contact in both your Skype contact list and your Microsoft account (Messenger) contact list, they will appear twice in you Skype contact list.

Please let us know how this works for you and if you have any other questions or concerns,

Mark W.

Mark_W., May 5, 2019
Thema:

Skype Account

1. Skype Account - Similar Threads - Skype Account

2. How to restore access to my old Skype account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore access to my old Skype account.: Hello, i've been trying to restore my old Skype account using username, no success. When choosing to reset the password and choosing to get the code to my phone number i see the message that i'm unable to use that verification method. It was probably blocked since i didn't...
  3. How to restore access to my old Skype account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore access to my old Skype account.: Hello, i've been trying to restore my old Skype account using username, no success. When choosing to reset the password and choosing to get the code to my phone number i see the message that i'm unable to use that verification method. It was probably blocked since i didn't...
  4. How to restore access to my old Skype account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've been locked out of my account and cant remember details about skype, xbox or email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been locked out of my account and cant remember details about skype, xbox or email: Hi,I can't seem to access my account, when I do I get the message "we have detected unusual activity... verify your identity and change your password". but to do this i need to answer questions about skype, xbox and my email. The issue is, I haven't used these apps for a very...
  6. I've been locked out of my account and cant remember details about skype, xbox or email

I've been locked out of my account and cant remember details about skype, xbox or email: Hi,I can't seem to access my account, when I do I get the message "we have detected unusual activity... verify your identity and change your password". but to do this i need to answer questions about skype, xbox and my email. The issue is, I haven't used these apps for a very...
  7. My microsoft account got hacked and I lost my skype account, xbox account and a lot other...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My microsoft account got hacked and I lost my skype account, xbox account and a lot other...: I recently reset my computer entirely, meaning I deleted everything on it. After I did, I tried to log in my microsoft account but noticed that it didn't work. I realised that I couldn't log in in skype, xbox and some video games I used my microsoft account to log in. When I...
  8. My microsoft account got hacked and I lost my skype account, xbox account and a lot other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked and I lost my skype account, xbox account and a lot other...: I recently reset my computer entirely, meaning I deleted everything on it. After I did, I tried to log in my microsoft account but noticed that it didn't work. I realised that I couldn't log in in skype, xbox and some video games I used my microsoft account to log in. When I...
  9. My microsoft account got hacked and I lost my skype account, xbox account and a lot other...

10. After trying to sign up for Skype, my account was locked and I'm no longer able to login...

After trying to sign up for Skype, my account was locked and I'm no longer able to login...: I attempted to purchase a Skype number and subscription to try it out for a month. I will be needing a virtual phone number soon for the next year. However, my credit card kept saying cancelled, and I was prompted to change my password. I changed my password and tried using...