Windows 10: Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

Discus and support Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello team, I hope you can help me out. Back in time I had created different Skype accounts for work purposes. Since now, Skype accounts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Juan Manuel Cancela, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

Hello team,

I hope you can help me out. Back in time I had created different Skype accounts for work purposes.
    Since now, Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts are the same thing, I have a number of duplicate accounts mainly because the Microsoft accounts were directly created by my employer.

I would like to merge some of those accounts, in order to centralize my data. But as per my research on the net, I would only have a possibility to do that by contacting somebody at Microsoft Support.

Can anyone teach me to do this, or who to contact in order to get it done?

I look forward to your feedback.
    Thank you so much,
    Juan.

:)

Juan Manuel Cancela, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger :(

Zakin, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Xudan Win User
    Unable to Sign in to Skype Using Microsoft Account

First of all, sorry as I don't know where exactly this topic should go to...But I'm really annoyed by the problem with my Skype.

BACKGROUND INFO:

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64, without any third-party antivirus software.
    • Skype version is 7.7.0.103 and Help->Check for Update tells me it's the latest version.
    • My Microsoft account (which is an @outlook.com email address) is working well: now I can still sign into any other Microsoft services (including my Windows 10 operating system) and websites without any problem.
    • Two Step Verification is turned on for my Microsoft account.

DESCRIPTION:

• I was able to sign in at Skype using the same Microsoft account just minutes ago.
    • After upgrading Skype software, I tried to sign in as usual. But after entering password and verification code (for two-step verification), Skype (or the Microsoft login interface) told me "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again".
    • I tried again, again and again, but got the same result.
    • I tried to 1) change my password; 2) turn off two-step verification, but neither works for me.
    • I tried to 1) uninstall/reinstall Skype; 2) Remove Skype configurations on my computer; 3) login to Skype using my Microsoft account on another computer, but got the same result--so this is probably not computer-specific.
    • I tried to change to another wifi hotspot but still no good.
    • I tried to login on my computer using my friend's Microsoft account, and YES the account can log in.

I need to login to my Skype as I've got hundreds of contacts there...Is there any ways to resolve the issue? Anyone can help? If needed I can provide you my MSFT account via private message.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Xudan, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

1. Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger - Similar Threads - Skype accounts Microsoft

2. Skype/Microsoft Account Merger Made Me Lose Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype/Microsoft Account Merger Made Me Lose Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Hello, I got Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for my Skype account before the merger for free when Mojang was offering a free copy for people who owned the Java edition of the game. When I log into my Microsoft account, I no longer own my copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition....
  3. Combining Microsoft and Skype account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining Microsoft and Skype account: I just set up my new PC running Windows 10. It asked for my MS account or Skype name, I entered my Skype name. Now it often asks for my email address. I enter the email address associated with my MS account. I cannot go further, because I get the error message that the email...
  4. Move credit dollars from old Skype account to Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Move credit dollars from old Skype account to Microsoft account: Bought credit dollars but it was added to old Skype Name account. I can not get support from Old Skype Name account. What should I do to move credit to Microsoft Account? ***Modified title from: Bought credit dollars but it was added to old Skype Name account. I can not...
  5. Skype account blocked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype account blocked.: I still have credit showing, but I can't dial out on any saved number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-account-blocked/6d661a2f-63cb-4212-86be-1a09c5d5174a
  6. Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype: basically, i'm trying to play minecraft on a apple product with the windows 10 version. when i try to install it, it says i don't have any "applicable devices" ... so i tried to add a device to my microsoft account. one of the ways to add a apple device is with skype. so i...
  7. Skype Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Skype Account: I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password and everything seems ok apart from skype. what should I do...
  8. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account: Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I have the following problem: 1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked...
  9. Microsoft account to use skype

Microsoft account to use skype: Hi, On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the Skype account. In the next day, I tried to login using that account in Microsoft and it told me that it didnt recognized my...
  10. Microsoft account makes it easier for families to connect on Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account makes it easier for families to connect on Skype: Keeping in touch with family members—whether you live in the same city or are in different parts of the world—can be tough. If you’re juggling busy schedules or conflicting time zones, it can be hard to bring everyone together. Today, we’re launching a new feature within your...