Windows 10: Skype app will not open

Discus and support Skype app will not open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 desktop will not run as an administrator when i open it. What is wrong in my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MFview52, Jan 28, 2019.

1. MFview52 Win User

Skype app will not open

Windows 10 desktop will not run as an administrator when i open it. What is wrong in my computer.

:)

MFview52, Jan 28, 2019

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Skype app will not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Skype app will not open

Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Skype app will not open

1. Skype app will not open - Similar Threads - Skype app open

2. skype app edition not uwp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype app edition not uwp: MICROSOFT, STOP CHANGING THE SKYPE APP LOGO, IT SUCKS, SO STOP **** CHANGING THE **** LOGO >:^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-app-edition-not-uwp/bb9e6ac1-0412-474c-9bcc-765818038d9b
  3. BSOD issue with Skype app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue with Skype app: When I am using Skype, my lenovo ideapad crashes with blue screen. The issue repeated several times so I re-installed Skype. At first the issue seemed to be fixed but then it appeared again with the error message Stopcode Video scheduler internal error...
  4. Skype automatic opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype automatic opening: How do I stop Skype automatically starting when I start Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-automatic-opening/0d31aa14-cdf2-4cd2-a6e8-1ca429f8bc66
  5. Skype for Business desktop app on Mac replace Skype Meetings App (web)

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business desktop app on Mac replace Skype Meetings App (web): In October, 2018, we announced a plan to offer the Skype for Business desktop app on Mac as our web-downloadable meetings client instead of Skype Meetings App, starting in December. Due to feedback from customers, we decided to postpone the change. Everything is now in place,...
  6. skype app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    skype app: El software de compra de una computadora portátil, con 10 años y me envía un mensaje de error de inicio de skype. Si no tengo la aplicación supongo que es un virus, pero mi antivirus no me indica la existencia de algún virus. ¿Cuál es el problema? Atentamente Pedro...
  7. Skype will not open

Skype will not open: Skype 8.34 will not open on my friend's new HP EliteBook 840 G5 Windows 10 v. 1803 have downloaded it, uninstalled, removed from registry, downloaded again, installed, but will NOT open or run 122606
  8. Skype will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype will not open: Skype 8.34 will not open on my friend's new HP EliteBook 840 G5 have downloaded it, uninstalled, removed from registry, downloaded again, installed, but will NOT open or run 122606
  9. skype app

skype app: I uninstalled all the MS games that show up as tiles....and in my haste I uninstalled the Skype app. Now I'm trying to get it back from the MS store but it wont let me. I search for the skype app, find it, click on it, then click the get tab and it flashes saying working...
  10. Recover Skype Video App?

Recover Skype Video App?: I was trying to get Skype Desktop to work on W10 v1511 and decided to uninstall the Skype Video App that comes with W10. Now I want to get it back! Short of reinstalling W10 how do I go about reinstalling the Skype Video App? I know it must be obvious but I'm at a loss. Help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype not opening windows phone