Windows 10: Skype automatic opening

Discus and support Skype automatic opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop Skype automatically starting when I start Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenMorris6, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Skype automatic opening

How do I stop Skype automatically starting when I start Windows?

:)

StephenMorris6, Jun 23, 2019

2. Completely disable skype on startup?

If a Skype application is visible on background process under Task Manager, it's possible that one of your application is automatically signed in upon start up. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

To disable start up on Skype

• Open Skype application.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click on Options.
    • Select General settings.
    • Uncheck the Start Skype when I start Windows option.

To log out of Skype preview

• Open Skype preview.
    • Click your profile picture.
    • Select sign out.

Note: You'll need to log back in if you wish to use either of the application.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your Skype application.

Darwin Dim, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Why does skype keep starting automatically when I turned off that feature

Hi Octavio,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Did you disable Skype from the Skype settings or from the Windows Startup programs?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Skype. Then Tools. Select Options.
    • Click on General Settings. Untick 'Start Skype when I start Windows. Click on Save.
    Also, from the Windows Startup programs.

• Press Alt+Delete+Ctrl. Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on More details. Click on Startup.
    • Click on Skype. Then click on Disable button.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Skype automatic opening

Completely disable skype on startup?

This is factually incorrect for current Skype. This option is unavailable. There appears to be no way to disable Skype from automatically running in the current version of WIndows 10,

I guess Microsoft knows better that we do what is good for us.

Ken Wallewein, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Skype automatic opening

1. Skype automatic opening - Similar Threads - Skype automatic opening

2. Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive: Hello, is it possible to configure automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive when user logs in with domain account for the first time? we are using W2K12 AD with dirsync to O365. cheers,...
  3. Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android: Skype for Android has a really weird issue. And it’s a massive privacy problem. Believe it or not, Skype has a feature called automatic answering that automatically answers your calls for you. And on the Android app, the feature is malfunctioning, automatically answering...
  4. Skype app will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype app will not open: Windows 10 desktop will not run as an administrator when i open it. What is wrong in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-app-will-not-open/d59cd7cc-c975-4a1d-b01c-f5aebc2b5fbb
  5. Skype will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype will not open: Skype 8.34 will not open on my friend's new HP EliteBook 840 G5 Windows 10 v. 1803 have downloaded it, uninstalled, removed from registry, downloaded again, installed, but will NOT open or run 122606
  6. Skype will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype will not open: Skype 8.34 will not open on my friend's new HP EliteBook 840 G5 have downloaded it, uninstalled, removed from registry, downloaded again, installed, but will NOT open or run 122606
  7. Images on Skype conversation wont open

Images on Skype conversation wont open: [img] This dialog keeps asking me every time even if I uncheck the box underneath. Any idea? 122046
  8. Skype won't startup automatically

Skype won't startup automatically: I've looked over the internet kind of but none of the answers worked. I've been trying to find a way so my skype will startup automatically but I couldn't. So hopefully I find the answer here. Sincerely, Jeff Tiki...
  9. Skype Updated Automatically

Skype Updated Automatically: Has anyone here had skype automatically updated on their computer? The new version is horrible, it has like a microsoft signin page. And when you log in, it looks very bad compared to the old skype where i dont even want to use it anymore. On my phone though its still the...
  10. Skype crashes when outlook is opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Skype crashes when outlook is opened: My version of Skype is 7.18.0.112 each time i start outlook 2013 it stops working. I'v tried to reset the priorities for Skype, deleted the local directory for skype in appdadat...nothing seems to help. My windows 10 pro is up to date and everything else just works...