Windows 10: Skype Autostarting

Discus and support Skype Autostarting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am finding Skype is auto-starting several times a day, without a re-boot. I have checked to see if it is enabled during booting and it is not. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kashegan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Kashegan Win User

Skype Autostarting

I am finding Skype is auto-starting several times a day, without a re-boot. I have checked to see if it is enabled during booting and it is not. I have downloaded and used Autoruns, and there is no reference to Skype at all. There is no ability from within Skype to stop it auto-starting or staring at boot up. There is also now no ability to exit Skype from the Notification Area. Why all the stealth from Microsoft, what are they hiding?

:)

Kashegan, Jun 14, 2019

2. Autostart Minimized - Skype for Windows 10 - 8.33.0.41 - Built 14.33.41.0

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may change the required settings from the below suggested steps.

Method 1:

Click on Start > Type Skype >
    Right click
    on it > Open file location > Click on
    Run tab
    > Select Normal Window from the list of options to get the desired settings.

Method 2:

1. Launch the Skype application.
    2. Click on the drop down next to Gear Icon.
    3. Click on Tools > Options > Check the box with the option
      Minimize to the notification area Instead of the task bar.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 14, 2019
  3. RE: Disable Skype (Invalid Port)?

Hi Paul,

Although Skype offers the possibility of deactivating the autostart option in Skype settings, this causes the
    Invalid Port error message.

If you do not want to automatically start Skype, you can remove the program from the Startup programs. You may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Select the Startup tab, and you will get the list of Windows startup applications.
    • Uncheck Skype from that list, click Apply, and then click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC for changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Skype Autostarting

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Skype Autostarting

1. Skype Autostarting - Similar Threads - Skype Autostarting

2. Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a...: Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a command button "call"I understand I need to use Skypes Acftive X. HOW? Can you provide code that works. it be easier to learn....
  3. Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...: Hallo,ich habe ein kurioses Problem mit der Anmeldung bei meinem MS Konto auf einem meiner PCs. Es begann damit, dass Skype sich nicht mehr mit dem Konto anmelden wollte. Dann beschwerte sich Office, dass etwas mit dem Konto nicht stimme, aber die angebotene Lösung schlug...
  4. Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...: Hallo,ich habe ein kurioses Problem mit der Anmeldung bei meinem MS Konto auf einem meiner PCs. Es begann damit, dass Skype sich nicht mehr mit dem Konto anmelden wollte. Dann beschwerte sich Office, dass etwas mit dem Konto nicht stimme, aber die angebotene Lösung schlug...
  5. Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?: How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?I am preparing an old computer to donate and I don't want to attach an account to it....
  7. How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?: How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?I am preparing an old computer to donate and I don't want to attach an account to it....
  8. How do I install Windows 10 WITHOUT email, phone, skype, security key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Skype Autostarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype Autostarting: I am finding Skype is auto-starting several times a day, without a re-boot. I have checked to see if it is enabled during booting and it is not. I have downloaded and used Autoruns, and there is no reference to Skype at all. There is no ability from within Skype to stop it...
  10. Autostart Minimized - Skype for Windows 10 - 8.33.0.41 - Built 14.33.41.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autostart Minimized - Skype for Windows 10 - 8.33.0.41 - Built 14.33.41.0: In the past I was able to click "minimize to system tray" when closing skpe - That and an autostart option cannot be found...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autostart-minimized-skype-for-windows-10-833041/ffe91909-bb00-4a5f-96de-22faf38e72a4