Windows 10: Skype Autostarting

Discus and support Skype Autostarting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am finding Skype is auto-starting several times a day, without a re-boot. I have checked to see if it is enabled during booting and it is not. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kashegan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Kashegan Win User

Skype Autostarting

I am finding Skype is auto-starting several times a day, without a re-boot. I have checked to see if it is enabled during booting and it is not. I have downloaded and used Autoruns, and there is no reference to Skype at all. There is no ability from within Skype to stop it auto-starting or staring at boot up. There is also now no ability to exit Skype from the Notification Area. Why all the stealth from Microsoft, what are they hiding?

:)

Kashegan, Jun 14, 2019

2. Autostart Minimized - Skype for Windows 10 - 8.33.0.41 - Built 14.33.41.0

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may change the required settings from the below suggested steps.

Method 1:

Click on Start > Type Skype >
    Right click
    on it > Open file location > Click on
    Run tab
    > Select Normal Window from the list of options to get the desired settings.

Method 2:

1. Launch the Skype application.
    2. Click on the drop down next to Gear Icon.
    3. Click on Tools > Options > Check the box with the option
      Minimize to the notification area Instead of the task bar.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 14, 2019
  3. RE: Disable Skype (Invalid Port)?

Hi Paul,

Although Skype offers the possibility of deactivating the autostart option in Skype settings, this causes the
    Invalid Port error message.

If you do not want to automatically start Skype, you can remove the program from the Startup programs. You may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Select the Startup tab, and you will get the list of Windows startup applications.
    • Uncheck Skype from that list, click Apply, and then click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC for changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Skype Autostarting

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Skype Autostarting

1. Skype Autostarting - Similar Threads - Skype Autostarting

2. Skype automatic opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype automatic opening: How do I stop Skype automatically starting when I start Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-automatic-opening/0d31aa14-cdf2-4cd2-a6e8-1ca429f8bc66
  3. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  4. Trying to delete Skype for Business

Trying to delete Skype for Business: I have microsoft 10 and Skype for Business auto loads. I tried to unistall but program not listed in control panel. How can I delete since I don't use Skype?...
  5. LifeCam HD-3000, Windows 10 and Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam HD-3000, Windows 10 and Skype: Hi. I'm bought web-camera LifeCam HD-3000, but a page with drivers doesn't have driver for Win 10: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/ru-ru/d/lifecam-hd-3000 Driver for Win7 doesn't istall on Win10, because "this programm can't work on this OS", and compatibility mode...
  6. How to uninstall Skype App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Skype App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype is Microsoft’s in-house communication tool, which is used for voice calls, video calls, messaging, sharing screen, and at many other places. While it is still in Enterprise where Microsoft products have a significant presence, it is not popular among...
  7. Skype Autostarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype Autostarting: I am finding Skype is auto-starting several times a day, without a re-boot. I have checked to see if it is enabled during booting and it is not. I have downloaded and used Autoruns, and there is no reference to Skype at all. There is no ability from within Skype to stop it...
  8. Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen: Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place for this but since this issue touches different areas, I have decided to post here. I use Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 with a docking brick for attaching my external monitor/KB/Mouse etc. Screen size etc works very well....
  9. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  10. Autostart Minimized - Skype for Windows 10 - 8.33.0.41 - Built 14.33.41.0

Autostart Minimized - Skype for Windows 10 - 8.33.0.41 - Built 14.33.41.0: In the past I was able to click "minimize to system tray" when closing skpe - That and an autostart option cannot be found...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autostart-minimized-skype-for-windows-10-833041/ffe91909-bb00-4a5f-96de-22faf38e72a4