Windows 10: Skype calling is coming to Alexa devices

Discus and support Skype calling is coming to Alexa devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are excited to bring Skype calling to Alexa devices, so users can easily communicate with their friends and family from their Echo devices, simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Skype calling is coming to Alexa devices

Source: Skype calling is coming to Alexa devices | Skype Blogs

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Calling with Skype - place calls to anywhere, from any device

Source: Calling with Skype - place calls to anywhere, from any device

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Enable Video Call for Skype

My personal experience was very easy (my difficulty is getting nokia messaging to send!). I simply updated to 1.2 and i have a friend i regularly talk to on Skype. At first there was no option for video calling, they logged on later and it appeared - i clicked
    their name and it had the usual 'skype call' 'skype im' and under that it had 'skype video call'.

What i'd suggest doing first is download the latest skype on your PC (the version is listed in this thread i believe), log in with a separate account to the one on your N900, do 'echo' and check it's working and also connect a webcam if possible. Then add
    that accout to your contacts list in the account you actually use (so, the one on the N900 needs your 'test account' added in the contacts list). Go online for both, open contacts and click on that contact and with any luck it should say 'video call'

richwhite---01, Sep 20, 2018
  4. temp02 Win User

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype calling is coming to Alexa devices - Similar Threads - Skype calling coming

2. skype video calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    skype video calls: during skype video calls my contacts only see a grey screen with a video icon crossed out. they also can't hear me. what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video-calls/f543066c-71dc-40b3-9705-fbe92c6c84aa
  3. How to set up and optimize Skype with Alexa

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and optimize Skype with Alexa: [ATTACH]Microsoft’s Skype integration with Alexa-enabled device (Echo Dot) offers users a hands-free way to connect with family members and friends around the world. Currently, the […] This post How to set up and optimize Skype with Alexa is from TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  4. Skype Video Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype Video Calls: When I tried using Skype on my laptop to call our Son. The computer screen is all purple and green and I am unable to see anything. It was fine last time I used it, but sadly not today and I was unable to see my little Grandson. There was a windows update today which meant...
  5. How to enable Skype Calling with Amazon Alexa app

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Skype Calling with Amazon Alexa app: [ATTACH] If you are a Skype user and an Amazon Alexa device owner, you can get the two to team up for making calls in up to 150 countries worldwide. Yes, Microsoft has brought its Skype calling service to Alexa-enabled devices, [...] This post How to enable Skype Calling...
  6. Skype calling now available on Amazon Alexa devices

in Windows 10 News
    Skype calling now available on Amazon Alexa devices: At Skype, our mission has always been to bring people together—to make it easier for friends and families to be there for one another—wherever they may be. With that in mind, we’re investing in new ways for you to connect in the most human way possible—by simply using your...
  7. Would you like to preview Skype calling on Alexa devices?

in Windows 10 News
    Would you like to preview Skype calling on Alexa devices?: We're excited to announce we're ready to preview Skype calling on Alexa devices. The experience is available to anyone with an Echo device or Fire Tablet who resides in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Germany, India, Australia. *Arrow Sign up for the preview here We've...
  8. Windows 10 will receive the Skype call recording feature in the coming weeks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will receive the Skype call recording feature in the coming weeks: Today, Skype app for Android and iOS is getting a new update with call recording feature. But the feature is not yet available on Windows 10 and is unlikely to arrive this week. In a blog post, Microsoft today revealed that the call recording feature for Skype on Windows 10...
  9. Skype Call Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Call Problems: Is anyone else having problems with Skype in Window´s 10? I make daily outgoing calls to Companies and none of the switchboards are picking up my "tone" when I´m making an option selection from an automated operator. I´m also finding the "click to call" very slow (but not...
  10. Calling with Skype - place calls to anywhere, from any device

in Windows 10 News
    Calling with Skype - place calls to anywhere, from any device: With Skype to Skype calling, you can place internet calls to friends and family who use Skype. But did you know that you can make calls to contacts who aren’t on Skype? Calling with Skype lets you make calls to landlines or mobiles—to anywhere, from any device or browser. Low...