Windows 10: Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

Discus and support Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Yes, I have been screwing around trying to again remove skype. It keeps appearing on my system. Going to star/apps scroll down to skype hit remove and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Reblacklaf, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

Yes, I have been screwing around trying to again remove skype. It keeps appearing on my system. Going to star/apps scroll down to skype hit remove and nothing happens. I was able to delete it last week when I found it running in the background but I am now unable to delete it.

Randall Black

:)

Reblacklaf, Oct 17, 2020
  2. HelenMai Win User

Skype app from Windows settings

Try resetting your Skype app from Windows settings.

In case you need steps for resetting your Skype app, refer to these:

1. Click start, then settings (gear icon)
    2. Go to System > Apps & features
    3. Find Skype, and click on Advanced options
    4. Scroll down, find and click the Reset button

Let me know if you have further questions.

HelenMai, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

Is there way to remove Skype, Xbox?

We appreciate your response. Skype can be removed from the system of your computer. You may follow the steps that I've provided from my first post. If you're unable to remove the Skype by following the steps, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot
    of the Apps & features on your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

1. Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps. - Similar Threads - Skype removed going

2. can not remove app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not remove app: Hi, I never put a tic toc app on my pc. But now it is on there. I have tried to uninstall it, but it will not let me. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-remove-app/dad35615-5c9c-443e-8ece-a5ffa130402c
  3. can not remove app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not remove app: Hi, I never put a tic toc app on my pc. But now it is on there. I have tried to uninstall it, but it will not let me. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-remove-app/dad35615-5c9c-443e-8ece-a5ffa130402c
  4. How to remove skype?

How to remove skype?: I keep getting a pop-up window to connect to skype. I have never nor will I ever use it and want it completely removed from my lap top. I went into to the apps in set up and there isn't any skype listed. Could it be under another name?
  5. skype app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    skype app: El software de compra de una computadora portátil, con 10 años y me envía un mensaje de error de inicio de skype. Si no tengo la aplicación supongo que es un virus, pero mi antivirus no me indica la existencia de algún virus. ¿Cuál es el problema? Atentamente Pedro...
  6. How can I see the date in chats through the windows skype app

How can I see the date in chats through the windows skype app: I only show times of chats in the windows skype at. How do I see the date also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-the-date-in-chats-through-the/62e425d8-54fa-4cdb-b87a-95d6af180714
  7. In-app purchases not going through

In-app purchases not going through: So, for probably almost a month now, every time I've tried to make an in-app purchase I keep getting an error message. It's always the same message and I have no idea what to do about it. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the app just to try anything and that didn't...
  8. skype app

skype app: I uninstalled all the MS games that show up as tiles....and in my haste I uninstalled the Skype app. Now I'm trying to get it back from the MS store but it wont let me. I search for the skype app, find it, click on it, then click the get tab and it flashes saying working...
  9. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...
  10. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...