Windows 10: Skype can’t access Sound Card

Discus and support Skype can’t access Sound Card in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype has been the premier video-calling application for Windows users. Video calling or voice calling needs a microphone, speaker &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Skype can’t access Sound Card

Skype can’t access Sound Card Allow-the-Skype-app-permission-to-the-microphone-100x100.png
    Skype can’t access Sound Card Allow-the-Skype-app-permission-to-the-microphone-150x99.png Skype has been the premier video-calling application for Windows users. Video calling or voice calling needs a microphone, speaker & headphone, and this hardware then needs to communicate with the system and the Skype application. If either of these devices [...]

This post Skype can’t access Sound Card is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 21, 2019

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Skype can’t access Sound Card

Windows 10, Installed Skype, Says it Can't Access My Sound Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Skype with sound card, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue specific only with Skype?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated audio drivers and settings.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Change the settings for speaker and Microphone.

• Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area and click “Playback devices.”
    • Right click on “Speakers” and click “Properties.”
    • Click the “Advanced” tab.
    • Uncheck the box that says “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
    • Click “Apply” and “OK.”
    • Click the “Recording” tab.
    • Highlight “Microphone” and click “Properties.”
    • Click the “Advanced” tab and repeat “step 4 & 5.”
    • Restart the computer and see if that fixes the issue.

Step 2: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter and Playing audio troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 in-built tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window and click on
      Recording Audio.
    • Follow the On-screen instructions.
    • Later do the same for Playing audio as well.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Skype can’t access Sound Card

1. Skype can’t access Sound Card - Similar Threads - Skype can’t access

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  4. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  6. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10 and my sound doesnt work. Then I later found out that my sound card doesn’t support windows 10, I looked online for new ones but I couldn’t find any that supported windows 10. What should I do?...
  8. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  9. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414
  10. Improving Skype accessibility

in Windows 10 News
    Improving Skype accessibility: Across Microsoft, we are working to make technology more accessible and empower people to achieve more. We take feedback very seriously and are grateful to our active accessibility community who point us to areas of improvement. Following recent updates to Skype, your...