Windows 10: Skype closes immediately after launching

Discus and support Skype closes immediately after launching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L Mttrs, Sep 10, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Skype closes immediately after launching

Hi,

I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much information, other than this is a Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17738.1000, according to the "About" tab in the settings. Please Reply, Thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Sep 10, 2018

2. Skype Closes Immediately agter it loads

Skype apps closes immediately after it opens on a windows 950XL phone. Phone OS build is 10.0.10586.29; firmware revision number is 01078.00027.15506.02005. Skype program is latest based on store upload (can't find verfsion number since program closes immediately
    when opened.

YehiaMortagy, Sep 10, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Skype closes immediately after launching

How do I Close Skype For Business on Windows 10?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype due to some reasons, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Step1:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons at a time from the keyboard to open
      Task Manger.
    • Select Skype and click on End task.
    If that does not work, I suggest you to perform the below,

Step 2: The right way to close Skype is by right clicking on the Skype icon in the system tray / notification area and clicking
    Quit.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Skype closes immediately after launching

1. Skype closes immediately after launching - Similar Threads - Skype closes immediately

2. Some programs and windows close immediately after launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs and windows close immediately after launching: Some programs such as Microsoft Edge, some games and windows close a few seconds after launching. Some programs that work are Firefox, Discord, Task Manager. Settings work normally, but i can not run troubleshooter, because it closes immediately after start, I can check...
  3. Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.: Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.I was able to download and launch Minecraft windows 10 app from the microsoft store app, so this seems to be related to Roblox only at this time.I tried the steps shown here:Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on...
  4. Roblox from Microsoft Store opens and closes immediately after launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox from Microsoft Store opens and closes immediately after launch.: I have tried everything. Re-Installing Roblox, Resetting Roblox and Microsoft Store, Done the Microsoft Store troubleshoot, Re-registered the apps, Done WSreset.exe and re-installed Microsoft Store. It all started happening when i updated Windows to version 1909. Please...
  5. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  6. Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,: I’m on windows insider build 2004, after opening chrome it immediately closes, I can’t uninstall it, and I event tried installing it again. It also happens to update in ge force experience. submitted by /u/tarnut [link] [comments]...
  7. Command prompt closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt closes immediately after launching: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ledgerthemain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/docmt1/command_prompt_closes_immediately_after_launching/
  8. Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.: Hey all. I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of the fixes there worked for me and I suspect this remains an issue for most people. I've run the Windows Store Apps...
  9. Diligent Boards closes immediately after launch in windows 10

Diligent Boards closes immediately after launch in windows 10: I have installed diligent boards from Microsoft Store and updated the Microsoft Store apps. But everytime I open diligent boards,it closes immediately after launching...
  10. Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10

Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10: Hi, we are using Skype for business basic with office 365. It was working with windows 7 perfectly. When we installed it for our new windows 10 PCs it produces some error. 1. It crashes on 'Welcome to skype for business' screen 2. In some PCs It closes automatically after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype closes immediately

2. skype for business closes immediately

3. skype opens then closes

4. skype opens and immediately closes,
  5. skype closes immediately windows 10,
  6. skype closes after start,
  7. skype opens then closes windows 10,
  8. skype closes,
  9. skype app opening then closing immediately,
  10. skype closes by itself,
  11. skype app opens then closes,