Windows 10: Skype closes immediately after launching

Discus and support Skype closes immediately after launching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L Mttrs, Sep 10, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Skype closes immediately after launching

Hi,

I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much information, other than this is a Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17738.1000, according to the "About" tab in the settings. Please Reply, Thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Sep 10, 2018

2. Skype Closes Immediately agter it loads

Skype apps closes immediately after it opens on a windows 950XL phone. Phone OS build is 10.0.10586.29; firmware revision number is 01078.00027.15506.02005. Skype program is latest based on store upload (can't find verfsion number since program closes immediately
    when opened.

YehiaMortagy, Sep 10, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Skype closes immediately after launching

How do I Close Skype For Business on Windows 10?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype due to some reasons, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Step1:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons at a time from the keyboard to open
      Task Manger.
    • Select Skype and click on End task.
    If that does not work, I suggest you to perform the below,

Step 2: The right way to close Skype is by right clicking on the Skype icon in the system tray / notification area and clicking
    Quit.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Skype closes immediately after launching

1. Skype closes immediately after launching - Similar Threads - Skype closes immediately

2. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  3. Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.: Hey all. I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of the fixes there worked for me and I suspect this remains an issue for most people. I've run the Windows Store Apps...
  4. Diligent Boards closes immediately after launch in windows 10

Diligent Boards closes immediately after launch in windows 10: I have installed diligent boards from Microsoft Store and updated the Microsoft Store apps. But everytime I open diligent boards,it closes immediately after launching...
  5. Immediate closing of threads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Immediate closing of threads: How come when so many of us are having problems with the updates causing major problems with our pc's, and we come and try to resolve it, we get the stock answer of how to stay updated, then the thread closes. Maybe someone out there has a solution to the problem, and you are...
  6. Microsoft Store closing immediately after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing immediately after opening: Hello, I was claimed the free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and to play it the site sent me to the windows store. It opened and immediately closed. I have tried a lot of Powershell commands, wsreset and changing time and date but nothing happened. I tried even to...
  7. Ark closing moments after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark closing moments after launch: I downloaded Ark a couple weeks ago and I updated it and now it goes to a blue screen with the cover art for a moment then closes I don't know what is wrong....
  8. Settings app closes immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app closes immediately: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 1809, and since today the app settings can no longer start! Indeed, it starts and then closes immediately. I did run "sfc /scannow", it found several corrupted files, but didn't solved my problem. Thanks, Matthéo, aka WiseMatthack....
  9. Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10

Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10: Hi, we are using Skype for business basic with office 365. It was working with windows 7 perfectly. When we installed it for our new windows 10 PCs it produces some error. 1. It crashes on 'Welcome to skype for business' screen 2. In some PCs It closes automatically after...
  10. Cuphead closes seconds after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cuphead closes seconds after launch: I recently bought Cuphead on the Microsoft Store and initially it ran perfectly. After a few weeks of not using it, I went to play and I could not get sound... so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now I cannot launch the game past the first screen that says Cuphead...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype closes immediately

2. skype for business closes immediately

3. skype opens and closes

4. skype closes immediately windows 10,
  5. skype launches then closes,
  6. skype crashes immediately windows 10,
  7. windows 10 skype opens and then closes,
  8. skype for business crashes immediately,
  9. skype closes by itself,
  10. Skype signs in and crashes immeadiately,
  11. open skype and it closes immediately,