Windows 10: Skype closes only unexpectedly

Discus and support Skype closes only unexpectedly in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I open Skype and it closes only unexpectedly. What should I do to make Skype work?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MarionHarrington, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Skype closes only unexpectedly

I open Skype and it closes only unexpectedly. What should I do to make Skype work?

:)

MarionHarrington, Apr 21, 2019

2. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2019
  3. How do I Close Skype For Business on Windows 10?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype due to some reasons, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Step1:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons at a time from the keyboard to open
      Task Manger.
    • Select Skype and click on End task.
    If that does not work, I suggest you to perform the below,

Step 2: The right way to close Skype is by right clicking on the Skype icon in the system tray / notification area and clicking
    Quit.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Skype closes only unexpectedly

windows explorer closes unexpectedly after windows 10 update

Hi Sanjay,

There are several reasons why the Windows Explorer is closing unexpectedly. This may include an outdated video driver or the system files on your PC may be corrupted or mismatched with other files. Answering the following questions may help us in resolving
    the issue:

• Aside from the Windows 10 Update, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message or code are you getting when the Windows Explorer closes unexpectedly?
    • Were you able to install all pending updates on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Skype closes only unexpectedly

1. Skype closes only unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Skype closes unexpectedly

2. why adobe reader close it unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why adobe reader close it unexpectedly.: i checked on event viewer, it show as picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-adobe-reader-close-it-unexpectedly/1cc43621-b7be-4ecd-b248-481b2bd798b1
  3. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly: I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have been having problems with it shutting down over night and sometimes after a few hours in the daytime. I have changed my settings to no sleeping, checked most of my software that updates automatically and reboots...
  4. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly: I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have been having problems with it shutting down over night and sometimes after a few hours in the daytime. I have changed my settings to no sleeping, checked most of my software that updates automatically and reboots...
  5. Windows 10 closing down unexpectedly

6. Unexpected "Close Windows" dialog box

Unexpected "Close Windows" dialog box: Occasionally about half-dozen times I have received an unexpected dialog box asking "What do you want the computer to do?" I have narrowed it down to times I am using Microsoft Money I'm really sorry Microsoft abandoned Money. It's the best there is. I don't think I am...
  7. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly: I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix? By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown...
  8. Edge closes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes unexpectedly: My web browser Edge opens but closes unexpectedly and it is annoying that you are doing some research and it suddenly closes. How could that problem be solved with Edge?...
  9. Skype closes immediately after launching

Skype closes immediately after launching: Hi, I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much information, other than this is a Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17738.1000, according to the "About" tab in the settings....
  10. How to close Skype

How to close Skype: I'm running build 10240 Pro with no problems except 1: the only way I can close Skype is with TaskManager. None of the other methods work - it always remains active. I've tried the Skype options for End and Quit, Alt-F4, all of the various command line options out there, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype quit unexpectedly windows 10

2. skype quits unexpectedly windows 10

3. skype for business quit unexpectedly windows