Windows 10: Skype - Couldn’t sign you in

Discus and support Skype - Couldn’t sign you in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; DELL Inspiron 15-3576 laptop, running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) v1909, build 18363.719 with “Core i5-8250U” CPU and “Intel UHD Graphics 620” display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wiganken, Mar 18, 2020.

1. wiganken Win User

Skype - Couldn’t sign you in

DELL Inspiron 15-3576 laptop, running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) v1909, build 18363.719 with “Core i5-8250U” CPU and “Intel UHD Graphics 620” display adapter. “Device Encryption” is “OFF”. Norton Security installed.

There are two user accounts: Me (Administrator) and Wife (Standard user).

I wanted to start using Skype for the first time and chose to set up my wife’s Skype first. In the Start apps list I saw “Skype” and went through stages to set it up and all was OK.

I then changed to my profile and there was no “Skype” in the app list. Don’t know why so I opted to download and install the “Skype for Windows” app. I duly set it up and it also works fine.

I did not realise that there are two versions of Skype:
    a) My version is 8.58.0.93 which is, I believe, the “Skype for Windows”, a desktop app.
    b) My wife’s version is 14.56.102.0 which I believe is the “Skype for Windows 10” app which uses the installed “Desktop” version 8.58.0.93 as well?

Both use our gmail logins. Because I wanted both profiles to use the same desktop type app 8.58.0.93 I decided to sign my wife out of her Skype and now I cannot get her signed back in again. The Skype icon in the Notification Area shows “Signed Out”. When I try to sign her in I see a message:

Skype - Couldn’t sign you in [​IMG]

Our default browser is the latest Firefox v74.0 (64-bit) and I can’t fathom why Google is showing “This browser or app may not be secure”. I have verified that I can sign in to both of her gmail and Microsoft accounts so I know the username and passwords are correct. Then I signed her out of both accounts to ensure they were free to sign back into but this has not helped.

Has anyone any answers as to how I can get my wife signed back in again?

:)

wiganken, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Mark_W. Win User

Can't sign into Skype on Lumia 900

Hello Fearingdragon:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your issue using the Skype app on your phone. From my experience you do have to sign into the app with your Skype name. You should be able to verify your Skype name by doing the following:

• Go to a PC and sign into your Skype account with your Microsoft account,
      http://skype.com
    • Once you are signed you should see a listing related to your account details or account information.
    • Click this and review your details. You should find your Skype name listed here.
    • If you do, use this name to sign in, my understanding is the password is the same as your Microsoft account.
    If you find that you do not have a Skype name listed, then this Skype account is not fully set up. I would suggest you contact Skype support for additional assistance getting this account ready to be used on the Windows phone.

Something else you can try is to access Skype from the web browser instead of the application. I believe you can sign into the site with your Microsoft account in this fashion.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Mar 18, 2020
  3. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

hsehestedt, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

problen sign in skype by my microdoft account

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you sign in first your Microsoft account on this link:
    Skype for Web.

If you are able to sign in your Microsoft account in Skype for Web, you can try to uninstall and reinstall your Skype app by following the steps provided on this link:

How do I uninstall and reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Skype - Couldn’t sign you in - Similar Threads - Skype Couldn’t sign

2. Couldn’t sign in to any Microsoft account related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn’t sign in to any Microsoft account related: I can't sign in to anything on Windows like the Settings app, Microsoft Store, Xbox, etc. When I press the sign in button, it says "oops, we're having some trouble" when I sign in to the Settings app. And the sign-in option, email & accounts section doesn't load. When I try...
  3. Couldn’t sign in to any Microsoft account related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn’t sign in to any Microsoft account related: I can't sign in to anything on Windows like the Settings app, Microsoft Store, Xbox, etc. When I press the sign in button, it says "oops, we're having some trouble" when I sign in to the Settings app. And the sign-in option, email & accounts section doesn't load. When I try...
  4. Couldn’t sign in to any Microsoft account related

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Skype won't sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype won't sign out: From Skype, I click the ellipsis, then click "sign out". I'm then asked "Remember account and application settings on this device" to which I respond by clicking "No". Skype then appears to sign out, taking me to the "Sign in with..." page. My microsoft account still displays...
  6. Skype won't sign out

Skype won't sign out: From Skype, I click the ellipsis, then click "sign out". I'm then asked "Remember account and application settings on this device" to which I respond by clicking "No". Skype then appears to sign out, taking me to the "Sign in with..." page. My microsoft account still displays...
  7. You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.: A few days ago a storm shut off our power. Then when I get back on my pc every few minutes it signs me out with the message: You're about to be signed out, windows will restart in less than a minute. Please if anyone can help, please do my email is *** Email address is...
  8. Skype - Couldn't sign you in

Skype - Couldn't sign you in: DELL Inspiron 15-3576 laptop, running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) v1909, build 18363.719 with “Core i5-8250U” CPU and “Intel UHD Graphics 620” display adapter. “Device Encryption” is “OFF”. Norton Security installed. There are two user accounts: Me (Administrator) and Wife...
  9. Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive: Hello, is it possible to configure automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive when user logs in with domain account for the first time? we are using W2K12 AD with dirsync to O365. cheers,...
  10. Unable to sign in to Skype v 7.26.0.101

Unable to sign in to Skype v 7.26.0.101: Only change that has happened is the automatic update of the following: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493)" along with the other usual patch Tuesday available updates: "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1,...