Windows 10: Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar

Discus and support Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For years, since the feature launched, I have pinned frequent contacts to my Taskbar from the Taskbar People button for instant access to them via... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GraniteStateColin, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar

For years, since the feature launched, I have pinned frequent contacts to my Taskbar from the Taskbar People button for instant access to them via Skype. Sometime in the past few days, Skype disappeared from the list of apps in the People taskbar app see image below. Skype is working fine by itself and the other options, People and Mail, also still work fine from my pinned contacts. I've searched and not found a single other report of this issue, but I admit with such generic terms as People, Contacts, Taskbar, and Skype, it might just be that there are too many other issues on other subjects to find other reports of this particular problem.

I have tried resetting Skype and People and uninstalling and reinstalling Skype can't uninstall People, but still no Skype option from my pinned contacts. When I click the option "Get more apps in the Store" it shows Skype as already installed, so that's a dead end too.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions how to fix and restore Skype to my pinned contacts?

Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar 3279edd7-a855-4e3c-b34e-8be214e184b6?upload=true.png

:)

GraniteStateColin, Jul 15, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 15, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar

Skype has disappeared

Could you possibly right click the taskbar icon after launching and pin to taskbar?

W10 Tweaker, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar

1. Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Skype disappeared pinned

2. Why is Skype pinning to Taskbar daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Skype pinning to Taskbar daily: My company cut off our contract with Skype. I have attempted to delete and unistall Skype and it appears that I have done so. However, about twice a day I’ll look down and Skype will be pinned to my taskbar. I’ll have to click “Unpin from taskbar” to get it to go away. It’s...
  3. Why is Skype pinning to Taskbar daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Skype pinning to Taskbar daily: My company cut off our contract with Skype. I have attempted to delete and unistall Skype and it appears that I have done so. However, about twice a day I’ll look down and Skype will be pinned to my taskbar. I’ll have to click “Unpin from taskbar” to get it to go away. It’s...
  4. Why is Skype pinning to Taskbar daily

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin contacts to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin contacts to taskbar: Hiso on windows 11 u guys moved the people app to mail app which is a dumb move in my opinion. but why when i try to pin a contact to taskbar it shows the "do you want to pin a contact to the taskbar" message, and when i click yes nothing happens.when i want to try it again...
  6. Pin contacts to taskbar

Pin contacts to taskbar: Hiso on windows 11 u guys moved the people app to mail app which is a dumb move in my opinion. but why when i try to pin a contact to taskbar it shows the "do you want to pin a contact to the taskbar" message, and when i click yes nothing happens.when i want to try it again...
  7. Pinned apps disappearing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned apps disappearing from the taskbar: Title, really. Some apps are disappearing from the taskbar once closed, even though they´re pinned. Any easy fix for this? Windows 10 home, 20h2, 19042.685 submitted by /u/Easy_Atmosphere5906 [link] [comments]...
  8. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  9. Can't pin Skype to taskbar in Windows 10?

Can't pin Skype to taskbar in Windows 10?: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-pin-skype-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/d4102660-a3db-4b04-ad47-e2beea96c748
  10. Contacts in Skype

Contacts in Skype: Hi, I just installed Skype on W10, and it's automatically given me a whole bunch of contacts that I've never heard of. I can't delete them from Skype, so where are they? I don't have any contacts in Outlook, and they aren't in my Gmail either. Where are they, and how do I...