Windows 10: Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?

Discus and support Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, not sure if this is normal or not, or if theres a way to fix it, but Skype doesnt ring when the pc is asleep. all the other side heres is a offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Groggubus, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Groggubus Win User

Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?

Hi, not sure if this is normal or not, or if theres a way to fix it, but Skype doesnt ring when the pc is asleep. all the other side heres is a offline signal.

Is that normal... or can it be changed to ring while sleeping? Its quite annoying as my dad and I are constantly missing each others calls

:)

Groggubus, Oct 21, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?

1. Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Skype doesnt ring

2. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  3. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  4. doesnt sleep when i click sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesnt sleep when i click sleep: when i press sleep it just turns the display off and i went into advanced power options and the sleep button is supposed to make my PC sleep submitted by /u/SparklesTheT_Rex [link] [comments]...
  5. PC in Sleep Mode!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC in Sleep Mode!: Do we have to leave the mouse on when in sleep mode? Only when I go to switch the mouse off it then awakens the PC. My older system we had to switch both off Thank you.........
  6. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Sleep Mode: Hi, Years ago i belive i installed some type of software that makes my display go into sleep mode and shows a vidoe of colours and lights but i no longer want this as its annoying when im trying to read something and the display goes off every minute or so, i cant find any...
  7. pc sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc sleep mode: PC set to go into sleep mode after 30 mins but remains on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sleep-mode/9e632426-fea5-438b-8b20-686e08ff9c85
  8. BlueTooth Dongle doesnt work after PC wakes from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BlueTooth Dongle doesnt work after PC wakes from Sleep Mode.: I have a bluetooth dongle. Everytime my Desktop Computer, NOT a LAPTOP. but my Desktop computer Goes to sleep and wakes up. My bluetooth dongle is no longer working. I have to Either turn off the computer or un-plug the bluetooth dongle and plug it back in. Sometimes more...
  9. Windows doesnt start after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesnt start after sleep mode: Hello, I recently had an update from windows that took some time to install on windows 10. Once the update finished, it seemed to have trouble starting up from the begining as well as from sleep mode. the computer turns on but the display doesn't come up. I have to hard...
  10. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype ring when in sleep mode