Windows 10: Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon

Discus and support Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi Everyone! Maybe someone could help me. When i open Skype from the icon in the taskbar it throws an error. (If i open it from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/auchiya, May 27, 2020.

1. Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon

/u/auchiya, May 27, 2020

2. Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works)

Hello,
    Latest Skype versions on my computer behaves weird, Skype taskbar notification icon works not same as it was before with Skype7 on event when new message arrives.

APP: Skype 8.50.0.38 (same behavior was with previous version too)

Case 1:
    On OS boot, Skype starts, but taskbar icon shows no sighs that app is even launched. (but tray icon appears)
    When user receives message, only push notification appears, taskbar icon remains without any signs.

Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon gYPdPh9.png

Case 2:
    Once user clicks Skype icon, main window pops up, then we minimize app.
    Now we can see that taskbar icon have bottom line, like other apps which are currently running.
    And now when we receive message, we see push notification and taskbar icon color change.

Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon hHVucha.png

This results that, I don't see if any new message arrives until on startup I manually open app.
    (push messages helps to track new messages, but until you work with PC, if you leave it, and then come back, taskbar icon will not show anything to you, even is new messages were received)
    Sure you can disable option to start app minimized, but then on each startup you will be greeted with main windows. But I prefer when all messaging apps launches in background.

Settings:

Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon f2Dd8AB.png

Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon WR2TBzq.png

Any ideas or suggestions to make Skype application work as intended? As it was on previous version.
    Maybe I will try to install latest OS cumulative update, and see if anything changes.

TEMPUSER221218, May 27, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 27, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon

1. Skype Error when it's open from the taskbar icon - Similar Threads - Skype Error open

2. Skype icon in taskbar is in black!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype icon in taskbar is in black!: I have no idea why my Skype icon in taskbar is in black? I tried changing Windows theme to light and it didn't change! I even uninstalled and reinstalled Skype from MS Store but as soon as I pin Skype to taskbar, the icon is black! It's normal blue everywhere else in my...
  3. Skype icon in taskbar is in black!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype icon in taskbar is in black!: I have no idea why my Skype icon in taskbar is in black? I tried changing Windows theme to light and it didn't change! I even uninstalled and reinstalled Skype from MS Store but as soon as I pin Skype to taskbar, the icon is black! It's normal blue everywhere else in my...
  4. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  5. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  6. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works)

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works): Hello, Latest Skype versions on my computer behaves weird, Skype taskbar notification icon works not same as it was before with Skype7 on event when new message arrives. OS: Windows 10, x64, v1607. APP: Skype 8.50.0.38 (same behavior was with previous version too) Images:...
  8. Open Icon from Taskbar to Same Screen

Open Icon from Taskbar to Same Screen: I want to know if it's possible to automatically open an app from the taskbar to the same screen that icon is on. This can be done by hiding the icon on every screen but the one that application is hidden on using the settings, but I was wondering if it can be done while...
  9. Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS): Oddly, some icons are not showing up in the bottom left section of the taskbar. I simply see a blue underline without the actual icon. Help?...
  10. Skype crashes when outlook is opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Skype crashes when outlook is opened: My version of Skype is 7.18.0.112 each time i start outlook 2013 it stops working. I'v tried to reset the priorities for Skype, deleted the local directory for skype in appdadat...nothing seems to help. My windows 10 pro is up to date and everything else just works...