Windows 10: Skype features currently being worked on

Discus and support Skype features currently being worked on in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thank you to every Skype user that has taken time to share feedback with us. Your opinion matters deeply and helps drive our priorities forward. We are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Skype features currently being worked on

Source: Thank you for your Skype Feedback - Microsoft Community

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Aug 24, 2018

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Aug 24, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2018
  4. temp02 Win User

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype features currently being worked on - Similar Threads - Skype features currently

2. Camera not working with Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  3. Microphone will not work in skype

Microphone will not work in skype: Hello, I am unable to talk to anyone thru skype. I have re-installed skype software and I am still unable to use it thru skype. The microphone shows it is working when I test it. I have a HP ENvy x360 Convertible Signature Edition. Windows 10 home Version 1903 Installed...
  4. Latest Skype doesn't have "quit" feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Skype doesn't have "quit" feature: OK, checked and the version downloaded (from MS Store) into my friend's computer last night is 8.34.01.82 which should be the latest. After two chat conversations with Skype Support (either AI or human, not sure, because in both chats got some incorrect info which humans...
  5. skype microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype microphone not working: the other person cant hear me on skype l checked echo sounds and microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-microphone-not-working/132f0462-eb8f-4190-9bdf-26f57c8bd8e8
  6. Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature: Microsoft has been working on introducing new features to its Skype app for users on all platforms. The new features are based on the feedback provided by Skype users. Last month Microsoft announced that they are simplifying the messaging experience in Skype and earlier this...
  7. New Skype for content creators feature available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype for content creators feature available: Skype is used worldwide as a tool for bringing callers into a variety of different podcasts, live streams, and TV shows. Today, we made it even simpler to bring your incoming audio and video calls to life with the Skype for content creators feature. Building off the Skype TX...
  8. How do I get the current version of Skype?

How do I get the current version of Skype?: Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic...
  9. How to I get the current version of Skype?

How to I get the current version of Skype?: Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic...
  10. Skype microphone not working

Skype microphone not working: Hi, my wife's laptop has a problem with microphone when using Skype. She can hear the other person but they cannot hear her. a box came up that stated possible problem with driver. I checked driver (working correctly), I restarted laptop still no joy. I uninstalled Skype,...