Windows 10: Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO

Discus and support Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are looking to incorporate DUO (already own it for VPN Multi-Factor Authentication) into an Office 365 2016 tenancy for our MFA needs. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin_2010_620, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO

We are looking to incorporate DUO (already own it for VPN Multi-Factor Authentication) into an Office 365 2016 tenancy for our MFA needs. We have tested the built in MFA and would like to avoid using the 'app password' with Skype for Business. We have spun up a test O365 tenancy and have DUO working successfully with O365, Outlook heavy client and OWA. Skype for Business does not work as it appears (via Wireshark) to run right out to Microsoft.

Modern Authentication is enabled and confirmed (via Powershell).

We have verifed that DNS is correct including CNAME and SRV records. We have also used the online MS connector test page and it confirms it as well.

DUO has pushed us to MS, and I have opened a ticket.

Anyone out there seen this?

Thanks

Kevin

:)

Kevin_2010_620, Jul 16, 2018

2. Multi-factor authentication on Windows 10

I am interested in knowing if it is possible to integrate a Windows 10 laptop/desktop with a second factor authentication (OTP) like inwebo or Duo after the domain authentication.

Thanks in advance.

Varunn

Varunn Raju, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Multi-factor authentication on Windows 10

Hi Varunn,

Yes there are ways for the multifactor authentication being set. This will require some working on the domain controller. Here is a link of a way Microsoft suggest multifactor authentication:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/cbernier/20...

You can also use the Windows Bitlocker tool to encrypt the disk and since you enter a fixed password it's basically multifactor authentication. One password to decrypt the disk and then the password for the domain.

Let us know if you need anything else. We are here to help you out.

RicardoRodriguez90, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO

Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

If you activated the two-step verification for your Microsoft account, you should be prompted to enter the security code whenever you log in your credentials. To further troubleshoot this issue, we suggest checking the methods found in this

article

Once on the page, scroll down to the column that says I am not receiving a text or call on my phone and follow the steps provided.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO

1. Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO - Similar Threads - Skype Business Multi

2. Multi Factor Authentication - Everytime you sign into windows computer Is it possible?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multi Factor Authentication - Everytime you sign into windows computer Is it possible?: Hi,It doesn't seem to occur but I would like to see if Windows/Microsoft has the ability to request Multi Factor Authentication two step authentication every time you sign in to your laptop/computer for the first time excl. when it's a simple lock screen from being away for...
  3. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Factor Authentication device unlock: Hi Community! I have recently configured Multi factor authentication device unlock logging into Windows. Following the company wishes for something that you know, something that you are and something that you have i have tried to set this up on our devices.I achieved this via...
  4. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Factor Authentication device unlock: Hi Community! I have recently configured Multi factor authentication device unlock logging into Windows. Following the company wishes for something that you know, something that you are and something that you have i have tried to set this up on our devices.I achieved this via...
  5. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. How to download Microsoft multi factor authentication on a laptop?

How to download Microsoft multi factor authentication on a laptop?: How to download Microsoft multi factor authentication on a laptop? My computer is windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-multi-factor/7ffc3867-7858-4f4a-ba01-8867cbc59b9b
  7. Multi-factor Unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multi-factor Unlock: I'm testing various options for multi-factor unlock, I'm applying the settings via Microsoft Endpoint and I can't find a great deal of information about troubleshooting trusted signal rules. Applying rules that enable the 2nd factor to be my mobile phone works:...
  8. How to create a multi-factor authentication MFA app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a multi-factor authentication MFA app?: I want use multi-factor authentication for my apps. However, I don't want to use Microsoft Authenticator app. I want to create an app desktop instead of Microsoft Authenticator to use in the authentication step. So, do have any way for me do it? Example: I want to create...
  9. Regedit locking out the command with Multi-factor authentication

Regedit locking out the command with Multi-factor authentication: Hello is there a way to lock out Regedit 100 percent even from administration accounts for higher levels with a Multi-factor authentication option? This was option was being used invasivly in the past. Also is there a way to run a regedit integrity check?...
  10. log to a computer using multi-factor authentication server

log to a computer using multi-factor authentication server: I'm looking for a way to implement two factor authentication with the Azure multi-factor authentication sever. I have a server installed on premises that applies 2FA to a VPN connection that is working properly. Is there a way to implement this service for when users log to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype for business 2 factor authentication

2. skype for business 2019 multifactor

3. skype for business multi factor