Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10

Discus and support Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, we are using Skype for business basic with office 365. It was working with windows 7 perfectly. When we installed it for our new windows 10 PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karthik TCI, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Karthik TCI Win User

Hi,

we are using Skype for business basic with office 365. It was working with windows 7 perfectly.

When we installed it for our new windows 10 PCs it produces some error.

1. It crashes on 'Welcome to skype for business' screen
    2. In some PCs It closes automatically after opening.

Ms office 2013 installed on those PCs.
    Kindly help me to solve this issue.

:)

Karthik TCI, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

How do I Close Skype For Business on Windows 10?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype due to some reasons, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Step1:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons at a time from the keyboard to open
      Task Manger.
    • Select Skype and click on End task.
    If that does not work, I suggest you to perform the below,

Step 2: The right way to close Skype is by right clicking on the Skype icon in the system tray / notification area and clicking
    Quit.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
  3. YehiaMortagy Win User
    Skype on a Lumia 950XL phone closes immediately when opened

Skype apps closes immediately after it opens on a windows 950XL phone. Phone OS build is 10.0.10586.29; firmware revision number is 01078.00027.15506.02005. Skype program is latest based on store upload (can't find verfsion number since program closes immediately
    when opened.

YehiaMortagy, Jul 12, 2018
  4. YehiaMortagy Win User

Skype Closes Immediately agter it loads

Skype apps closes immediately after it opens on a windows 950XL phone. Phone OS build is 10.0.10586.29; firmware revision number is 01078.00027.15506.02005. Skype program is latest based on store upload (can't find verfsion number since program closes immediately
    when opened.

YehiaMortagy, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Skype business Closes

2. Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO: We are looking to incorporate DUO (already own it for VPN Multi-Factor Authentication) into an Office 365 2016 tenancy for our MFA needs. We have tested the built in MFA and would like to avoid using the 'app password' with Skype for Business. We have spun up a test O365...
  3. How do I uninstall Skype For Business on W10 Pro?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I uninstall Skype For Business on W10 Pro?: Hi - Try as I might, I don't see a way to cleanly uninstall Skype For Business in Office 2016 Professional Plus. There is an article from Microsoft but the provided URL does not connect to the correct page. Anyone? TIA! *Sleepy 114161
  4. How do I uninstall Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I uninstall Skype for Business: I don't use skype, don't want it on my computer and am having a hard time removing it. Do I have to do a MS Reinstall-correction?...
  5. Windows phone app for Skype for Business is being retired

in Windows 10 News
    Windows phone app for Skype for Business is being retired: Windows phone app for Skype for Business is being retired Applies to: Skype for Business for Windows Phone Summary The Windows Phone app for Skype for Business is being retired. After this change takes effect, new users will no longer be able to download the app from the...
  6. Skype for Business logs to what folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Business logs to what folder?: Where does O365 Skype for Business keep chat transcripts in the user AppData folder, or somewhere else? Thanks! 77873
  7. A deeper look at Skype for Business integration with iOS CallKit

in Windows 10 News
    A deeper look at Skype for Business integration with iOS CallKit: We recently announced deeper integration of Skype for Business with iOS devices using Apple’s CallKit framework, which enables a better experience for Skype for Business calls on the iPhone. The CallKit API with iOS 10 enables Skype for Business calls to work the same way as...
  8. Microsoft Teams Will Replace Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams Will Replace Skype for Business: Microsoft confirmed this morning that it will replace Skype for Business with Microsoft Teams, as had been widely rumored. But it will still release a new Skype for Business on-premises server next year for those businesses not ready to move to the cloud. To be clear, only...
  9. Windows Phone apps Skype for Business, Teams, and Yammer discontinued

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Phone apps Skype for Business, Teams, and Yammer discontinued: Windows phone apps for Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and Yammer are retiring on May 20, 2018 Summary Effective May 20, 2018, the Windows Phone apps for Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and Yammer will be retired. Starting on that date, these apps will no...
  10. Update for bringing Skype for Business capabilities to Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Update for bringing Skype for Business capabilities to Microsoft Teams: Since the worldwide launch of Microsoft Teams a year ago, we continue to advance the vision for Intelligent Communications. This vision includes bringing a complete set of Skype for Business capabilities into Microsoft Teams and Teams as the core communications client in...