Windows 10: Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10

Discus and support Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, we are using Skype for business basic with office 365. It was working with windows 7 perfectly. When we installed it for our new windows 10 PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karthik TCI, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Karthik TCI Win User

Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10

Hi,

we are using Skype for business basic with office 365. It was working with windows 7 perfectly.

When we installed it for our new windows 10 PCs it produces some error.

1. It crashes on 'Welcome to skype for business' screen
    2. In some PCs It closes automatically after opening.

Ms office 2013 installed on those PCs.
    Kindly help me to solve this issue.

:)

Karthik TCI, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

How do I Close Skype For Business on Windows 10?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype due to some reasons, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Step1:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons at a time from the keyboard to open
      Task Manger.
    • Select Skype and click on End task.
    If that does not work, I suggest you to perform the below,

Step 2: The right way to close Skype is by right clicking on the Skype icon in the system tray / notification area and clicking
    Quit.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
  3. YehiaMortagy Win User
    Skype on a Lumia 950XL phone closes immediately when opened

Skype apps closes immediately after it opens on a windows 950XL phone. Phone OS build is 10.0.10586.29; firmware revision number is 01078.00027.15506.02005. Skype program is latest based on store upload (can't find verfsion number since program closes immediately
    when opened.

YehiaMortagy, Jul 12, 2018
  4. YehiaMortagy Win User

Skype Closes Immediately agter it loads

Skype apps closes immediately after it opens on a windows 950XL phone. Phone OS build is 10.0.10586.29; firmware revision number is 01078.00027.15506.02005. Skype program is latest based on store upload (can't find verfsion number since program closes immediately
    when opened.

YehiaMortagy, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype for business Closes Immediately after opening in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Skype business Closes

2. Skype closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype closes immediately after launching: Hi, I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much information, other than this is a Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17738.1000, according to the "About" tab in the settings....
  3. Some apps opens then closes immediately.

Some apps opens then closes immediately.: I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused Windows Apps Troubleshooter...
  4. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it: For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone...
  5. Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening: My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the...
  6. Skype for Business

Skype for Business: For anyone who is having trouble keeping Skype for Business from opening, I have found one way to correct problem. Go to file manager and click on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013 and delete the shortcut for Skype. 24069
  7. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...
  8. Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it

in Windows 10 Support
    Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it: Hello, I'm new member here. I wanted to ask about my problem after anniversary update. problem doesn't occured on Windows 10 previous build. Though it was happen before when I was on Windows 8.1, so I refresh windows and it worked again. But this time I didn't want to...
  9. Skype for Business is here!

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business is here!: A few weeks ago, we announced the technical preview of the Skype for Business client, and today, we’re thrilled to announce that the new Skype for Business client is now rolling out as part of the April monthly update for Office 2013! In addition, Skype for Business Online is...
  10. Introducing Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype for Business: Yesterday we kicked off a global conversation about how Microsoft is reinventing productivity—across the board—to create a world where people can truly make the most of their time and lead more fulfilling lives. Connecting people across all of life’s moments – to talk, to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype closing immediately after opening