Windows 10: Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat...

Discus and support Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, as the title says, every time I receive a chat notification or a call and during the call all the other volumes keep lowering down. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Baboo85, May 20, 2020.

1. Baboo85 Win User

Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat...

Hi all,

as the title says, every time I receive a chat notification or a call and during the call all the other volumes keep lowering down.

I don't want it to lower anything, because sometimes it "freezes" with the volume lowered, always after a Skype call. And the only 2 ways to fix it is to receive a chat notification after the sound of the notification, the volume turns up at the previous level or rebooting.

How could I stop this? In my previous laptop I just set this option, but now it seems that it isn't working. It's really really annoying.

It's like this option is being ignored, but I didn't find anything anywhere else.

Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat... 86f240fb-2497-49b6-882f-5ce145e141a4?upload=true.png

Just to anticipate the usual questions:

- yes, the audio driver is up to date

- yes, the audio is working perfectly

- yes, I already tried to turn off Sound Enhancements

- yes, I already tried to disable the Exclusive Control option

- yes, I already tried to disable and enable the Device

- yes, the problem appears only on these conditions mentioned before

- yes, I already done SFC /SCANNOW and DISM /Online commands

- yes, the pc is new

- yes, I recently installed Windows and it keeps doing that from the start

- this Windows comes installed from an image, it's a standard image we created for our company PCs and it's the same present on all other PCs that haven't this problem

- no, the troubleshooter isn't saying anything

- no, the antivirus doesn't have anything to do with it why ask everytime?

- no, I won't do a clean install of Windows this isn't even a question that should be asked or a solution

I think I said all, any help to resolve this really annoying problem would be very appreciated.

:)

Baboo85, May 20, 2020

2. SIP address for group chat in Skype for business

i searched a lot for the URI syntax of SIP address for group chat in Skype for business,

i found answer only for a individual chat

so i want to is there any syntax for group chat or chat with multiple peoples

also, i tried adding a Distribution list ID, which does't helped,

Please help me with the proper URI syntax to chat with multiple people

Jegan Baskaran, May 20, 2020
  3. tommyruud Win User
    Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, May 20, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat...

Skype for Business' access to camera

Uff, great it worked... And thanks for posting back. Windows works in mysterious ways sometimes...

AndreTen, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Skype for Business keeps lowering Windows and other software sound during chat... - Similar Threads - Skype Business keeps

2. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  3. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  4. Skype for Business keep turning off the speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype for Business keep turning off the speakers: Hi, I am with IMIT support in a health organization. We have always used Skype for Business for texting, sharing screens and sharing files. Our core tech team configured Skype Meetings not too long ago, as now because of pandemic there are a lot of users using Skype...
  5. System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.: Good evening. I used Skype everyday on Windows 8 and Ubuntu, and I was used to configure the system to not do nothing with sound volume while on a Skype call. However a month ago I bought a new Dell laptop which has Windows 10 installed. As usual, I went in sound...
  6. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows mutes all other sounds Skype: Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound >...
  7. Skype Video Chatting

Skype Video Chatting: Afternoon, folks. A couple of my students and I tried video chatting and it looked like the keystone kops. One time, we could see things nicely, and then another time, we couldn't get Skype to cooperate with us! I think we need help! 152746
  8. Skype randomly locking up during video chat

Skype randomly locking up during video chat: I tried posting this at the Skype community forums, but the person helping me stopped responding (ironic), so I thought I'd try here since you folks helped me a great deal last year. Sometimes, when in a video call with my girlfriend, she will tell me that my video has...
  9. Skype for Business

Skype for Business: For anyone who is having trouble keeping Skype for Business from opening, I have found one way to correct problem. Go to file manager and click on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013 and delete the shortcut for Skype. 24069
  10. Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10: I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute. Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is...