Windows 10: Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

Discus and support Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spacedog, Oct 16, 2019.

1. spacedog Win User

Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's Skype would be able to auto-update with no problems. Now, none of them can auto-update. Everytime they go to the Help & Feedback section of settings it says checking for Update and then Update failed. The only way to get the skype to update is to manually download the latest version of Skype for Desktop and manually install it. Then a few weeks later when a new version comes out, we have the same problem again.
    Can anyone else confirm they are experiencing this? If it was just one of our computers in our business I would think it might just be something with that system, but this is happen unilaterally now. I have also tried uninstalling, completely deleting / renaming the Skype for Desktop folder located in %appdata%\microsoft with no effect.

:)

spacedog, Oct 16, 2019
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

Skype For Windows 10 versus Skype For Windows (desktop version)

Is there a comprehensive list detailing the differences between Skype For Windows 10 and Skype For Windows? I am hoping for a list that is routinely updated by the Skype team so we can have a definitive place to go.

Today, for example, I tried to make a 3 party phone call only to find it is not possible in the Windows 10 version. I installed Skype For Windows Desktop and it has the capability I was looking for.

I've read so many posts that say the Windows 10 version cannot do this or that yet when I try it today it does most of those things. We get frustrated, however, when we attempt to do something that Skype used to be able to do and find we need to install
    another version of Skype to regain those capabilities.

Biking Dad, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

1. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem - Similar Threads - Skype Desktop latest

2. Problem in Updating latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in Updating latest version of Windows: I'm using Acer Aspire 3. I'm try to update my pc for latest version but it always appears the error 0xc1900101 even I have enough space in hard drive. After I update the windows by windows 10 update assistant. The system shows that user profile cannot being reloaded. Then, I...
  3. Problem After Updating windows 10 in latest version

Problem After Updating windows 10 in latest version: After Updating win 10 all features are stopped and not working. after this many drivers are not working and not start window properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-updating-windows-10-in-latest/78b680d8-e394-4f2c-9638-eba4801416b7
  4. Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version: I have got problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After reboot it starts to install Windows 10 feature update and gets to 26% when it restarts and reverts back to previous version. I have tried stand alone installation with no...
  5. Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version

Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version: I have got problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After reboot it starts to install Windows 10 feature update and gets to 26% when it restarts and reverts back to previous version. I have tried stand alone installation with no...
  6. Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903

Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903: I have found out that after the update having problem sign in then need to change password two times still not able, last turn off the pc and on again then able to open window 10 using 6 digit pin code. Window 10 normal start up. As go through the app under photos and video...
  7. Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop: Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. As we pursue these goals, we’re always looking for new ways to...
  8. Time to Upgrade to the latest version of Skype 8.0 for desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Time to Upgrade to the latest version of Skype 8.0 for desktop: Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. As we pursue these goals, we’re always looking for new ways to...
  9. New in the latest update to Skype on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New in the latest update to Skype on Windows 10: Today, we’re excited to roll out an update to the Skype app on Windows 10 which makes it easier for you to stay in touch with friends from your Windows 10 devices. With the new update, you can easily share your files to Skype, react to messages, and get to your calls and...
  10. Skype Preview evolves in the latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview evolves in the latest version of Windows 10: Since its launch in 2003, Skype has been powered by the latest technology to bring people together in new ways, enabling over three billion minutes of Skype calls every day, across multiple platforms and devices from mobile to desktop. Wow! You’ll remember the Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download of the skype update failed