Windows 10: Skype for desktop stored login credentials

Discus and support Skype for desktop stored login credentials in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have told Skype to not store any login information after logging off but when I reopen it, still remember my account name and even password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eLPuSHeR, May 26, 2021.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Skype for desktop stored login credentials

Hello. I have told Skype to not store any login information after logging off but when I reopen it, still remember my account name and even password. How can I make it to forget that info altogether?.

:)

eLPuSHeR, May 26, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 26, 2021
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    ERROR MESSAGE in Skype: Unknown message type 'Signal/ForceAbchSync'

Hi Bob,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I suggest you to try disabling Skype from Outlook.com and check if it helps.

To disable Skype please follow the steps below:

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 26, 2021
  4. bbxrider Win User

windows accounts, login credentials and skype

I'm lost with win 10 accounts, how many are there? anybody understand this madness?
    here's what I'm experiencing if this makes sense and anybody cares to follow
    1.have win 10 pro laptop that was auto update from win 7 pro, was a local acct admin of course things were just fine, create accounts for IIS testing, etc
    2. after update suddenly the login changed and my admin account somehow changed and now had to login with my 'microsoft' account, call it L: [email protected]. I got that when my company had me use an office 365 account and had to create a ms 'account'
    3. got a new laptop win 10 pro. this lets me have a local account login, whats the difference here? can I change my old laptop t to have my local admin account login back?
    4, not sure if I have a separate ms account plus an office 365 account at this point?
    4.created a skype account with a username, b.name and funded it
    5. forgot skype password, so going through skype password reset dialogue it somehow changed to my ms account?
    at the end of the reset it tells me I have successfully changed my L: [email protected] account and not successfully changed my skype account password????
    6. sure enuf going to login to skype with newly reset password, its not accepting it, telling me there is a problem with my ms account???? WTF???

Skype for desktop stored login credentials [​IMG]

bbxrider, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Skype for desktop stored login credentials - Similar Threads - Skype desktop stored

2. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  3. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  4. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  5. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several questions on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  6. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  7. Can't login on Skype

Can't login on Skype: I need some help. I cant login on my Skype. 110569
  8. Cat login on Skype

in Windows 10 Support
    Cat login on Skype: I need some help. I cant login on my Skype. 110569
  9. windows accounts, login credentials and skype

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows accounts, login credentials and skype: I'm lost with win 10 accounts, how many are there? anybody understand this madness? here's what I'm experiencing if this makes sense and anybody cares to follow 1.have win 10 pro laptop that was auto update from win 7 pro, was a local acct admin of course things were just...
  10. Skype for Desktop

Skype for Desktop: Hi, My W10 PC has Skype and Microsoft Store uninstalled. I tried to install Skype for the Desktop from this site Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app but it does not have W10 option assuming it is already installed by default. "Get Skype from Store" button does...