Windows 10: SKYPE for Linux working fine

Discus and support SKYPE for Linux working fine in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Those of you using Linux that have .RPM package managers (Red Hat, Centos, Opensuse, Fedora) or .DEB (ubuntu etc) Binaries are available for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 4, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKYPE for Linux working fine

Hi folks
    Those of you using Linux that have .RPM package managers (Red Hat, Centos, Opensuse, Fedora) or .DEB (ubuntu etc) Binaries are available for SKYPE for Linux and provided your microphone and/or webcams work it's fine and interface looks just like the Classic Skype one (not the latest horrible windows hash up -- you can still get the classic version for windows too - get the DESKTOP version rather than the re-labelled SKYPE FOR WINDOWS).

Anyway

SKYPE for Linux  working fine [​IMG]

screenshot shows skype OK and working fine --test VM Centos rel 7.2 with KDE Gui Host machine Windows 7 Ultimate X-64 running VMware workstation 14.1

(will be installing later on HOST Centos system - wanted to test on VM first (which is why I didn't install on W7 host !!! in case anybody asks).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 4, 2018

2. Integrated camera not working on Skype since Windows 10 update

Fixed camera in my laptop HP ProBook 4540s works fine in Win10 Camera App but not on Skype. The camera is turned on as the indicator light is on. Though in Skype video settings I can only see the black screen instead of picture. So, the bug is definitely
    in Skype, as the camera worked fine before the recent update. I am thinking seriously of turning back to Win7 or Linux. As I do need my laptop for work.

VictorYablonsky, Jan 4, 2018
  3. tgwoh Win User
    Windows 10 Support for LifeCam VX-3000

Microsoft has said Life-cam vx 3000 webcam drivers were not included because the camera could cause loss of data or damage the computer. They suggest we buy another camera.

My vx 3000 worked fine until the April to Sept 2017 time frame. That is when my system updated from win 10 version 1607 to 1703. I am now on 1709.

I have a laptop with win 7 and a drive with linux cinnamon 18. The vx3000 is working fine both. The linux is not using any Microsoft software.

A few months back I read a post somewhere suggesting 3rd party software called Manycam.

I tried it. The vx 3000 works fine and the program does the things I want.

It connect to Facebook, Youtube and opens in Skype. I have made video calls with Skype. Open Skype, go to tools--options--video and select manycam.

I have experienced no problems to date.

tgwoh, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

SKYPE for Linux working fine

1. SKYPE for Linux working fine - Similar Threads - SKYPE Linux working

2. usb ports don't work on windows 10, work fine on linux mint installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports don't work on windows 10, work fine on linux mint installation: Before today I could access the computer using chrome remote desktop. Today that didn't work. Since keyboard and mouse dont work on the W10 Dell, how can I troubleshoot this issue?Computer is a Dell XPS 8700, latest Windows 10. Since I can't access the computer, I don't have...
  3. Integrated Camera is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.

Integrated Camera is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.: I am using MSI Gl63 8RD system. My integrated camera works perfectly on Ubuntu but does not works on Windows 10. It gives an error "Camera not found". I am not able to locate any Camera option in the Device manager too. I have tried multiple solutions to get rid of this...
  4. Integrated Camera is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated Camera is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.: I am using MSI Gl63 8RD system. My integrated camera works perfectly on Ubuntu but does not works on Windows 10. It gives an error "Camera not found". I am not able to locate any Camera option in the Device manager too. I have tried multiple solutions to get rid of this...
  5. Integrated Camera is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to get gigabit speeds on Windows, but works fine on Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to get gigabit speeds on Windows, but works fine on Linux: I recently had my PC upgraded to and Ethernet connection, but I'm not getting the speeds I should. Speedtest says I'm getting ~150Mb/s down, while my friend's pc is getting ~700Mb/s. We've tested using his laptop with the same cable, booting in safe mode, and using different...
  7. Windows 10 freezing randomly (Linux works fine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing randomly (Linux works fine): Hey, I have built a new PC a couple of weeks ago and I'm experiencing following problem when using Windows 10 (and only on Windows - I have a parallel Linux installation which works perfectly). Every once in a while, seemingly at random (can happen 3 times in an hour or...
  8. Audio issues - microphone in Skype and Teams app not working but working fine in brower app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issues - microphone in Skype and Teams app not working but working fine in brower app: My built-in microphone is working fine when I use Skype or Teams through the browser but doesn't work when I use the apps for Skype or Teams. What setting do I need to change?...
  9. Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS

Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS: Microphone is not working in Windows 10 but working fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS. I have Logitech Webcam C310. It works fine - 100% in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS but not in Microsoft Windows 10. On MS Windows 10 - the micro phone is not working. So for zoom meetings - i need...
  10. Introducing a preview of the next generation of Skype for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing a preview of the next generation of Skype for Linux: Great news for Skype for Linux users—the next generation of Skype for Linux is launching! Starting today, you can download Skype Preview for Linux and start enjoying new features across all your devices—including screen sharing and group chat. Bring calls to life and...