Windows 10: Skype for Windows 10 losing messages

Discus and support Skype for Windows 10 losing messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Skype app for Windows doesn't have any settings that are related to syncing. Skype for Android doesn't allow you to change any settings at all. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ricecrispies, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Skype for Windows 10 losing messages

The Skype app for Windows doesn't have any settings that are related to syncing. Skype for Android doesn't allow you to change any settings at all.

ricecrispies, Apr 5, 2018

2. When I have a Skype instant message conversation on my Android phone and I later wake up my Windows 10 laptop to continue the conversation on that, I find that none of the messages from the conversation that I have had using my phone are displayed in the Skype for Windows app except for the very last one. In other words if I want to refer to a previous message in the conversation, or if I want to save a photo or a video from it, I can't.

Messages from previous conversations held using the laptop, as well as previous last messages from the phone, are however displayed.

Is there a way to force the Skype for Windows app to display all the messages?

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 24, 2018
  3. StanYau Win User
    Messaging App not sending texts?

Wait...

So, just to be clear?

• Windows 10 phones sync both Skype and SMS messages in Messaging app.
    • Windows 10 phones can send and receive Skype and SMS messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PC syncs only Skype messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PCs can send Skype messages in Messaging, but can only send SMS via Cortana?

Is that right, or have I missed something? That makes Messaging on PC kinda pointless, as, well, why wouldn't you just keep using the Skype desktop application? Skype for Windows 10 losing messages :p

StanYau, Apr 24, 2018
  4. JakePEng Win User

Skype for Windows 10 losing messages

windows 10 sound loss after Skype call

windows 10 ; Lenovo T530 ; iHome iBT74 bluetooth speaker

I lose all sounds after a Skype call .

Sound returns after a restart

JakePEng, Apr 24, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    I don't use the skype app.....that said, there may be a sync issue between the 2. Check the settings on the laptop skype app and then do the same on the phone app and compare the 2 side by side. Then change as needed.

Plankton, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Skype for Windows 10 losing messages

1. Skype for Windows 10 losing messages - Similar Threads - Skype losing messages

2. Skype messages not sending

in Windows 10 News
    Skype messages not sending: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have faced an issue where you find that Skype is not sending messages. This issue is common with Skype for home users, and the most probable cause has been having low or no internet connectivity. But if you [...] This post Skype messages not sending...
  3. Limited Service of Skype Instant Messaging

in Windows 10 News
    Limited Service of Skype Instant Messaging: Limited service of Instant messaging in multiple regions/countries STATUS Active We have identified an incident affecting our services and are actively looking into it. Update time: March 25, 2019, 11:28 AM by Brooke Start time: March 25, 2019, 2:30 AM Affected...
  4. Skype related error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype related error message: [img] This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a few postings about it, but none of the suggested solutions fix the problem. I've tried deleting Skype and reinstalling it -...
  5. Skype related error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype related error message: [img] This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a few postings about it, but none of the suggested solutions fix the problem. I've tried deleting Skype and reinstalling it -...
  6. Updates made to messaging in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Updates made to messaging in Skype: We've been hard at work updating messaging in Skype based on your feedback, we hope you enjoy these changes! To see these updates, be sure to download the latest Skype build at https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/ Within Messaging Settings, you can now: Manage whether...
  7. Recover Skype instant messages from 10/16

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Skype instant messages from 10/16: For legal reasons, I need to retrieve a specific conversation from 10 days ago. The conversation does not seem to be saved on computer, or on my Skype profile. Would I be able to retrieve the conversation from the Skype/Windows administrators? This is on Skype for Business,...
  8. Skype no new message alert !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype no new message alert !!: Dear Sir/Madam, I have updated the skype version to SKYPE 12.1815.210.0. However, after using this new version, I have found that there is NO new message alert that's why always too late to read the new messages come ( Not user friendly !! ). I have took some time to look...
  9. Skype constantly losing Mic during calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype constantly losing Mic during calls: Hello, I've been having an issue with Skype and Windows 10 Pro. If I use Skype while on my desktop, and open a program like Chrome or even my volume setting s manager, Skype loses my mic and the person on the other side of my call can no longer hear me. All of my drivers...
  10. Images leak of Skype Universal messaging for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Images leak of Skype Universal messaging for Windows 10 Mobile: While we patiently wait for Microsoft to roll out a beta version of their unified Skype messaging experience "before the end of the summer", a Russian website has managed to get a hold of what looks like the new Skype unified experience for Windows 10 Mobile. The...