Windows 10: Skype freezes computer (except audio)

Discus and support Skype freezes computer (except audio) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use Skype video and audio, all running apps freezes after a minute or two. Everything is updated with the latest version, drivers, apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edwin de Kuiper, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Skype freezes computer (except audio)

When I use Skype video and audio, all running apps freezes after a minute or two.

Everything is updated with the latest version, drivers, apps, Windows 10

Network perfect

Surface pro 6 i7/16gb NEW

Anybody have the same experience?

Any idea how to solve?

Please don’t tell to reinstall Windows 10. I reinstalled Skype, no results

All drivers and OS are up-to-date

:)

Edwin de Kuiper, Jul 31, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Skype freezes my computer

Every single skype conversation I have is interrupted by my computer freezing. The only recourse I then have is to restart the computer. This only happens with skype, and it only started happening after the latest update, although I have now loaded an
    earlier version of skype and the freezing still happens. Is this a Windows 10 issue? A skype issue? I stress that apart from this my laptop works 100% fine. Thanks!

Richard Coombes, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Skype freezes computer (except audio)

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Skype freezes computer (except audio)

1. Skype freezes computer (except audio) - Similar Threads - Skype freezes computer

2. Skype freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype freezes: Skype freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-freezes/686ae9b9-500f-4f72-9a60-b4eb9c48adcb
  3. Skype freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype freezes: Skype freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-freezes/686ae9b9-500f-4f72-9a60-b4eb9c48adcb
  4. Computer freezes with buzzing audio then crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes with buzzing audio then crashes.: The issue has become more and more frequent over the past few months and it is to the point where it happens 10 minutes every time after I boot up the computer. The buzzing audio only happens if audio was playing during the time it crashes and if I am downloading something,...
  5. Computer freezes with buzzing audio then crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes with buzzing audio then crashes.: The issue has become more and more frequent over the past few months and it is to the point where it happens 10 minutes every time after I boot up the computer. The buzzing audio only happens if audio was playing during the time it crashes and if I am downloading something,...
  6. Computer freezes with buzzing audio then crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer Freezing with no audio

Computer Freezing with no audio: Sometimes while playing a game or even just using Google Chrome, all of the sound will cut off and my computer will freeze for a moment. I am not sure if this is a problem with my router, or if there is an internal issue causing it. There are no BSOD as a result of this...
  8. Odd Audio crackle/computer freeze

Odd Audio crackle/computer freeze: So I've been having issues with this pc since late May. Now here were are in December and the issue still isn't resolved. Cant refund the pc at this point and I certainly don't want to drop another 2k on a gaming pc. As the title states every 4 hours or so the pc will freeze...
  9. Zoom and Skype keep Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zoom and Skype keep Freezing: Hello, So I've been experiencing freezes on zoom and skype calls. I've reset my network and reentered the wi-fi password. I turned the router off and then on. I've run diagnostics test and it keeps saying nothing is wrong. Nothing is stopping the zoom and skype calls from...
  10. Skype audio

Skype audio: Since this morning, my Skype recipients can no longer hear me. I've checked all settings (even though I did not change them) and all seem fine. My microphone works when tested in Windows, but the Echo test on Skype does not....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype freezing computer