Windows 10: Skype freezes computer (except audio)

Discus and support Skype freezes computer (except audio) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use Skype video and audio, all running apps freezes after a minute or two. Everything is updated with the latest version, drivers, apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edwin de Kuiper, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Skype freezes computer (except audio)

When I use Skype video and audio, all running apps freezes after a minute or two.

Everything is updated with the latest version, drivers, apps, Windows 10

Network perfect

Surface pro 6 i7/16gb NEW

Anybody have the same experience?

Any idea how to solve?

Please don’t tell to reinstall Windows 10. I reinstalled Skype, no results

All drivers and OS are up-to-date

:)

Edwin de Kuiper, Jul 31, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Skype freezes my computer

Every single skype conversation I have is interrupted by my computer freezing. The only recourse I then have is to restart the computer. This only happens with skype, and it only started happening after the latest update, although I have now loaded an
    earlier version of skype and the freezing still happens. Is this a Windows 10 issue? A skype issue? I stress that apart from this my laptop works 100% fine. Thanks!

Richard Coombes, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Skype freezes computer (except audio)

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Skype freezes computer (except audio)

1. Skype freezes computer (except audio) - Similar Threads - Skype freezes computer

2. computer freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes: After the automatic updates are installed on my comp., often my computer freezes. Have done a clean boot and various other suggested remedy's. Does not happen all the time, all I need to do is switch of the power, wait a few min. and restart. Then the computer works ok...
  3. Computer freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes: My computer freezes when I press Start and Ctrl buttons together. I use Asus laptop running Windows 10, 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes/f7d3f24a-c7ed-4ca1-a78a-91438eebab2d
  4. freezing computer

freezing computer: computer in windows 10 keeps freezing. it started after it tried to install update 1809. that failed and now it freezes after about 10 minutes. tried all trouble shooting....
  5. Computer freezes

Computer freezes: At haphazard intervals over the past week small flashes of light have appeared on my Dell laptop screen and then the computer freezes up. Pressing the power button off-pause-on restores everything as it was, but sometimes the problem soon recurs. Does anyone have an idea of...
  6. Skype broken with Exception code: 0xc000027b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype broken with Exception code: 0xc000027b: For a good month now, every attempt to open skype ends with Skype vanishing, and the event viewer entry of: Faulting application name: SkypeApp.exe, version: 8.30.76.26, time stamp: 0x5b887cec Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.137, time stamp:...
  7. Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt: My computer has been doing this since Thursday. I had to post this with my phone because even when I tried to post on my computer it froze. It's been hard to manage as it comes unexpectedly and the only method to reset it is to turn off my computer. This is the model I think,...
  8. Skype audio

Skype audio: Since this morning, my Skype recipients can no longer hear me. I've checked all settings (even though I did not change them) and all seem fine. My microphone works when tested in Windows, but the Echo test on Skype does not....
  9. Computer Freezes

Computer Freezes: Hi guys, I'm lookig for a bit of help here. My computer has begun to randomly freeze, and only the reset button will revive it again. No BSOD, no error msg. Just complete freeze. I'm not THAT computer savvy, so please bare with me. I've run the Win10 Memory diag tool =...
  10. Computer Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes: Hi Guys, This happened to me twice already. *cry Before I go to sleep, I just leave my PC on with some torrents downloading. And then when I wake up I can see that my PC freezes. Here are the event logs. Please share your thoughts. Thank you. 1st Error: (Happened...