Windows 10: skype has developed an interesting tic....

Discus and support skype has developed an interesting tic.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so...I booted up as normal today, everything loaded...then skype shut itself down. so, I loaded it manually, it shut itself down a moment later, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xraiderv1, Aug 20, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

skype has developed an interesting tic....

so...I booted up as normal today, everything loaded...then skype shut itself down. so, I loaded it manually, it shut itself down a moment later, then restarted properly.

I searched the windows event viewer..this is the result I got.

skype has developed an interesting tic.... [​IMG]

:)

xraiderv1, Aug 20, 2016

2. Need skype video call

Yes I and have no doubt about decision of the developer in plan not desires of the improvement skype for symbian. Not even interests the opinions of most persons to use the video relationship in skype, sting this.

SpaceATBru, Aug 20, 2016
  3. i hav used windows phones for years and i need to use skype ! doo i have to use a difrent platform and , by by windows ?

Adding onto what Benedito has said Microsoft expressed interest in purchasing Skype and Skype expressed interest in accepting the offer. The purchase has to be approved, but at the announcement Microsoft talked about maintaining Skype on the platforms
    on which it is currently supported and expanding it to cover Windows Phone, Xbox, and some Microsoft business products.

A distinction to note: If you had been using Skype on a Microsoft Mobile operating system for years then it would have been on Windows Mobile that you were using it. Windows Phone is a different operating system and doesn't have backwards compatibility
    with Windows Mobile. Being a new platform certain applications only become available as the application developer's make new versions of them targeting Windows Phone.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

I just saw the post.
    A couple of questions:
    Do you have both the UWP Skype Preview and the regular Skype For Desktop installed?
    If yes, are you trying to run Skype For Desktop, while the Skype Preview live tile is still on?

Explanation:
    This was causing conflicts on my PC, making Skype For Desktop close, when an IM would come, because the Preview took precedence for the notifications.
    I had to finally decide to close the eye-candy Preview app, by turning off the live tile, and unpinning it from Start, as it just doesn't have all the stuff the desktop version has yet.

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2016
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    would that be the skype app thats labelled messenger?

xraiderv1, Aug 20, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    No this
    skype has developed an interesting tic.... [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2016
  7. xraiderv1 Win User
    negative. I do NOT have that tile. I dont even have the messenger app turned on.

xraiderv1, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Ok. That is what was causing problems with my skype, after the anniversary update, so I thought I would pipe in.*Smile

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2016
  9. xraiderv1 Win User
    I appreciate it...that said, it doesnt seem to happen often, but when it does, it gets my attention fast.

xraiderv1, Aug 20, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I can understand, these days, Skype is a human right.

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2016
  11. xraiderv1 Win User
    certainly seems to act like one...right down to the mood swings. no thats not a shot at any women who may read this..cause even we men get mood swings from time to time.

xraiderv1, Aug 20, 2016
  12. batlhilz Win User
    well that log shows normal behavior, as the restart manager tries to blog critical/unsecured restarts in the system. however, as a long term skype user i never use that skype preview as it wont work background with some certain applications.

i heavily suggest you to download the "skype desktop application" differently from their pages *Smile

batlhilz, Aug 21, 2016
  13. xraiderv1 Win User

..I AM using the desktop application.

the x86 in the directory in the screenshot should be a big clue there.

xraiderv1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. skype has developed an interesting tic.... - Similar Threads - skype has developed

2. news and interest has a problem with icon

in Windows 10 Support
    news and interest has a problem with icon: Hello, since update was installed, the toolbar news and interest has a problem with icon. the icon is always this and don't automatically appear weather icon with temperature but if i hover on taskbar. Can i resolve this problem? thanks 181563
  3. Skype has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype has stopped working on Windows 10: When people think of video-calling, they think of Skype. Although it now faces stiff competition from the likes of Google Meet and Zoom, even more so when we’re all locked in our homes, it was Skype that brought the wave of connecting us with our loved ones via a...
  4. Skype has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype has disappeared: Starting about a week ago Skype no longer appears in my Systray. It's still listening because when someone sends a message it comes up but when I want to send I can no longer find it. Windows 10 v1909 154122
  5. How to force microsoft windows and skype developers answer the questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force microsoft windows and skype developers answer the questions: 1. For almost 3 years so called developers didn't bother to fix problem or answer the question> why the skype on android in Europe still has time format shown as am/pm and wrong date format as well, I don't have a clue when folk called me or sent chat message and despite...
  6. For developers: Use developer features

in Windows 10 Customization
    For developers: Use developer features: I am trying to edit the use developer features section in the settings and I am trying to change them to sideload apps but I am unable to edit them and it says: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. at the top and I don't know if that has anything to do...
  7. Interesting....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Interesting....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PowerfulQuail9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/doqp5s/interesting/
  8. how do I shut off tic tic noise when I hit keys on the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I shut off tic tic noise when I hit keys on the keyboard?: when I strike a key, it makes a tic tic noise. how do I shut this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-tic-tic-noise-when-i-hit-keys-on/242589b7-e9cc-46fd-b4b9-1d2ae03316d3
  9. Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers: Skype brings together hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. The amazing connection that Skype brings to so many people inspired us to think about the next platform shift, to conversation as a platform. Today we are introducing Skype Bots—a new way to...
  10. Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development

in Windows 10 News
    Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development: Ars Technica's Peter Bright digs into the challenges of developing the Windows OS, in an environment with 4 million commits and 10 million work items (current counts on the march toward releasing Windows 10 1709 late last year). A fascinating investigation of Git in the...