Windows 10: Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while.

Discus and support Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This issue is not being addressed. Closing a subject does not make it go away for anyone but Microsoft and the lurkers. The Skype icon goes blank in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rwjustus, Nov 30, 2018.

1. rwjustus Win User

Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while.

This issue is not being addressed. Closing a subject does not make it go away for anyone but Microsoft and the lurkers.

The Skype icon goes blank in the system tray after being there for a while. I can get it back by restarting the computer but it always goes blank again after a short time. This is not an isolated issue. You can find complaints about it all over the Internet. It is a recent issue that apparently appeared after the last automatic update.

It would be nice if Microsoft and the lurkers here on Microsoft Community would quit their standard practice of blaming end users. Take the time to investigate the problem and fix it. Do not waste the time of people who report it to you by giving them standardized responses that have nothing to do with fixing the problem.

:)

rwjustus, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

Source: Coming Soon - Microsoft Community

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
  3. DooGie Win User
    Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

You can set it to do that in Skype version 8

Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while. [​IMG]

DooGie, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while.

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while.

1. Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while. - Similar Threads - Skype icon goes

2. Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days: I have several self-developed apps which would display their own icon in the Win10 system tray. Initially, those icons were displayed well, and be able to respond to mouse clicks. But after a few days running, random some of those icons not all of them became blank spaces,...
  3. Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days: I have several self-developed apps which would display their own icon in the Win10 system tray. Initially, those icons were displayed well, and be able to respond to mouse clicks. But after a few days running, random some of those icons not all of them became blank spaces,...
  4. Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jdbassi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwq5k1/system_tray_icons_hiding_behind_blank_space/
  6. Skype: What happened to the tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype: What happened to the tray icon?: Skype (8.54) updated itself without asking first on my Win 10 workstation (and also on a Win 7 PC), now the tray icon is missing. Using the "X" icon makes it close into the void, there's not icon or anything to indicate that it's still running - according to the Task Manager...
  7. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  8. Everything goes blank after a while

Everything goes blank after a while: Please help me, I start up my laptop and everything is fine until 15 minutes later pop ups start failing. First i right click to get the options menu of any app or program and the box is empty and transparent, i only get the outline. The as i start opening new programs or...
  9. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  10. Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10: We've heard you loud and clear! We're working to bring Skype for Windows 10 to the system tray! While it's not out the door quite yet, you can expect the new system tray icon will: Be displayed whenever Skype is running Show sign-in and sign out state Show a badge for any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype icon task bar blank