Windows 10: Skype installing on windows 10 without permission

Discus and support Skype installing on windows 10 without permission in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I rarely shut down my computer but today when i did and turned it back on i saw a skype icon. No one touches this computer but me, so is this just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_manin_black, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Skype installing on windows 10 without permission

I rarely shut down my computer but today when i did and turned it back on i saw a skype icon. No one touches this computer but me, so is this just windows stealth installing stuff?

submitted by /u/the_manin_black
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_manin_black, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Skype installing on windows 10 without permission windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Jul 29, 2020
  3. dorsetknob, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Skype installing on windows 10 without permission

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Skype installing on windows 10 without permission

1. Skype installing on windows 10 without permission - Similar Threads - Skype installing without

2. Windows 11 Installed without Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installed without Permission: I was watching a movie and Windows decided to disregard everything I was doing with MY PROPERTY and install an operating system WHICH I DIDNT ASK FOR OR GIVE PERMISSION TO.These anti consumer practices are disgusting, and if this is the way you are going to treat clients rest...
  3. Windows 11 Installed without Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Installed without Permission: I was watching a movie and Windows decided to disregard everything I was doing with MY PROPERTY and install an operating system WHICH I DIDNT ASK FOR OR GIVE PERMISSION TO.These anti consumer practices are disgusting, and if this is the way you are going to treat clients rest...
  4. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  5. Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.: I have a TP Link T4U that I use to connect to wifi. Recently, its 5ghz band stopped working properly and I found out that whenever I try to connect to a 5ghz connection, Windows 10 installs a generic driver that breaks the adapter and forces me to uninstall and reinstall. How...
  6. System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.

System lowering other sounds without permission during Skype calls.: Good evening. I used Skype everyday on Windows 8 and Ubuntu, and I was used to configure the system to not do nothing with sound volume while on a Skype call. However a month ago I bought a new Dell laptop which has Windows 10 installed. As usual, I went in sound...
  7. Windows installing without permission?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows installing without permission?: Hello, I bought Forza Horizon 4 when it came out. Then I decided not to play it anymore and deinstalled it. I had to delete the 80GB folder of the base game manually, because the store won't do that for you, if you click on deinstall. This was a few months ago. So far so...
  8. How to install Skype appxbundle without Windows Store?

How to install Skype appxbundle without Windows Store?: Hi, We use Skype classic version 7.40.32.103 and we saw the message said it will be discontinued soon. We disabled Windows store on our Windows 10 pro version 1709 for all users. I cannot find any msi package for the latest version 8.25.0.5. But i managed to download the...
  9. Webcam permission request (Skype)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam permission request (Skype): On my new hp laptop, every time I video call someone on skype, it always asks for permission to use the webcam. Before it just turned on automatically. How do i stop the permission requesting and make it turn on automatically? [img] 74840
  10. Windows 10 installed without permission!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 installed without permission!: I reserved, a log time ago, Windows 10 for my Desktop but never activated it nor set a date for activation after an aborted upgrade to 10 on a laptop shortly after the 29th July. Yesterday evening, I booted up my Dell Desktop (running 8.1), entered my password and Windows...