Windows 10: Skype issue

Discus and support Skype issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I am on a Skype call with a friend, while playing a game. I can hear all his system sounds and his game come through. We also tried Discord and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dude, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Dude Win User

Skype issue

So I am on a Skype call with a friend, while playing a game. I can hear all his system sounds and his game come through. We also tried Discord and Teamspeak, same thing.

He only had one Mic shown in record Tab, hidden devices shows no others.

Stereo Mix is not enabled

All sounds are set to be separated.

System sounds still come through, what should we try next?

:)

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Sep 13, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Skype issue

Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Skype issue

1. Skype issue - Similar Threads - Skype issue

2. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  3. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  4. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD Issue while using Skype

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Issue while using Skype: I have a Dell Vostro 5090 that I use as my work PC. Earlier today while on a conference call via Skype, I had a BSOD reboot happen three times. Stop Code given was DPC_Watchdog_ViolationI have not ever had this issue show up before, I looked at Event Viewer and this was the...
  6. Audio issues - microphone in Skype and Teams app not working but working fine in brower app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issues - microphone in Skype and Teams app not working but working fine in brower app: My built-in microphone is working fine when I use Skype or Teams through the browser but doesn't work when I use the apps for Skype or Teams. What setting do I need to change?...
  7. Windows 10 issues and skype shuts down computer?

Windows 10 issues and skype shuts down computer?: I just got a brand-new Acer Spin 5 and the first issues I noticed was when I was playing music, my music would stop playing as if it entered hibernation mode. This has never happened with my past laptops. I did an upgrade to Windows 10 pro and then I started to experience...
  8. Screen sharing issues being laggy and sound being messy on Skype for my HP Omen laptop....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen sharing issues being laggy and sound being messy on Skype for my HP Omen laptop....: How do I get Skype popups to show up on Windows 10 desktop notification section? I’ve had this problem with Skype for awhile. I know it’s not a computer issue because I recently bought this gaming laptop a year ago. Same situation with my boyfriend as well, he bought a DELL...
  9. Weird Issue With Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue With Skype: Something weird is happening with Skype and I don't understand why. Both me and my spouse have desktop computers running Windows 10, however I use insider program version and OS build version is a bit newer than hers. She has normal version, but up to date. We both had web...
  10. Windows crashes with bluescreen stating video driver issue while running skype

Windows crashes with bluescreen stating video driver issue while running skype: while making video call on skype windows ten makes a loud beep noise for few seconds in a loop mode then hits blue screen of death. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crashes-with-bluescreen-stating-video/aac77a5a-9282-4853-ab5e-bf739dc33692

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype issue

2. microsoft skype thread for issues