Windows 10: Skype just decides to download and run in the background?

Discus and support Skype just decides to download and run in the background? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Today I peeked into my system tray and saw skype just hanging out, no warning, nothing. This is on a gaming rig, so I try to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClikNeedsNewName, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Skype just decides to download and run in the background?

Hello,

Today I peeked into my system tray and saw skype just hanging out, no warning, nothing. This is on a gaming rig, so I try to keep background processes from being too much. Luckily it had the courtesy to let me quit it, and also disable it on startup through Task Manager. But how do I stop this thing from just dropping in the next time Windows forces an update? And why? That's not going to make me use Skype; That's going to make me resent it.

:)

ClikNeedsNewName, Jul 18, 2020
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Skype not downloading from windows 10 store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code that you receive while trying to download Skype from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined only to Skype app?
    • Were you able to access any other apps from Windows Store?

As this could be an issue Store, I suggest you to run Windows Store troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the
      Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: Clear the Store cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Skype just decides to download and run in the background?

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Skype just decides to download and run in the background?

1. Skype just decides to download and run in the background? - Similar Threads - Skype decides download

2. GTA V WONT UPEN, JUST RUNS AS BACKGROUND PROCESS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V WONT UPEN, JUST RUNS AS BACKGROUND PROCESS: I've tried reinstalling it 3 times, my drivers are all up to date, I've tried pretty much everything I know and it still runs as background process and when I try to end it, it says access denied....
  3. GTA V WONT UPEN, JUST RUNS AS BACKGROUND PROCESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GTA V WONT UPEN, JUST RUNS AS BACKGROUND PROCESS: I've tried reinstalling it 3 times, my drivers are all up to date, I've tried pretty much everything I know and it still runs as background process and when I try to end it, it says access denied....
  4. background downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background downloads: i have data caps, so i have metered connection turned on for windows 10, but so far this month windows downloaded almost 10 gigs in the background, im assuming it was windows 11, since i have the this computer isnt compatible with windows 11 thing showing up on windows update...
  5. Just had a big download in the background

in Windows 10 Support
    Just had a big download in the background: Network Service: Delivery Optimisation has just downloaded a huge file. Anyway to tell what was downloaded as I noticed it in task manager but where to look? As far as I know I am up to date with 19043.1023. But this large download is a surprise. 180431
  6. Skype for Business download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype for Business download: Trying to download Skype for Business. Site says I already have it. I don't. I uninstalled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-for-business-download/68125f06-111d-45fb-bb6b-8e3495115f7b
  7. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER: This is completely unacceptable. Firstly the only reason I have not just switched to Linux is because of Windows software exclusivity, and it's on my last nerve. A few months ago I noticed Skype in my system tray, without my installing. I disabled it starting up with Task...
  8. skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram: skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram, messing up my music production work, i am getting underruns in my daw because of skype running in background, while i have removed skype from my pc and it keeps showing up in the task manager................... please...
  9. Introducing background blur in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing background blur in Skype: We’ve all had those moments: You’re about to video call your parents and your laundry is all over the place, or you’re about to have a meeting with a potential investor and your business plan is on a whiteboard behind you, or you’re being interviewed on live television and...
  10. automatic background downloads running?

in Windows 10 Support
    automatic background downloads running?: i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file automatically which i can monitor on NetMeterEvo, and these automatic downloads r taking all of my bandwidth traffic and i...