Windows 10: Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update

Discus and support Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not sure why this keeps happening but seemingly every time Skype updates and they seem to do it every couple of weeks. The "Always show" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottPeterson7, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update

I'm not sure why this keeps happening but seemingly every time Skype updates and they seem to do it every couple of weeks. The "Always show" in notification area gets reset to disabled. So when I get a message the icon is hidden and I don't notice it for sometimes days when I go to use Skype for something.

I posted this in the Skype forum but it was recommended to post this in the Windows forum as it could be a problem with the notification area.

:)

ScottPeterson7, Oct 27, 2020

2. No notification for skype calling

When a Skype message is to your phone, the notification area has an alert. Unfortunately, when a Skype call is missed, no alert is shown in the notification area.

I strongly suggest this feature be added!

Yuting TAO, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update

1. Skype keeps hiding in the notification area after every update - Similar Threads - Skype keeps hiding

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Skype notifications no longer works after update to 15.61.87.0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype notifications no longer works after update to 15.61.87.0: Windows 10 notificaions no longer works, the Skype app is enabled as Background App. I can reproduce it on multiple devices. Feedback Hub link https://aka.ms/AA8ru1k submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments]...
  6. Hide Update Notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide Update Notifications: So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. Now, this isn't a problem in itself. The problem is that it keeps telling me it's time to...
  7. How to disable/hide the microphone icon in notification area

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable/hide the microphone icon in notification area: I want to hide microphone icon in notification area, this is the path to on/off microphone icon: Taskbar Settings > Taskbar > Turn system icon on or off > Microphone but I want to do this programmatically in my code I can do this with volume/network/clock icons in this...
  8. notification area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  9. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  10. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...