Windows 10: skype keeps installing

Discus and support skype keeps installing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have uninstalled skype probably 4 times and every time I boot up it is back. What is going on? How do I prevent it from installing without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ragtop04, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ragtop04 Win User

skype keeps installing

I have uninstalled skype probably 4 times and every time I boot up it is back. What is going on? How do I prevent it from installing without permission?

:)

ragtop04, Oct 17, 2018

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Oct 18, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 18, 2018
  4. skype keeps installing

Skype is so screwed up!

It's great that you're all suggesting other programs to use, but skype is a major chat client. Everyone I know uses skype, and very little would install and use something almost unknown like ooVoo. The link that Viper posted does indeed work. I was having the same errors as you on my laptop and it fixed it.

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

skype keeps installing

1. skype keeps installing - Similar Threads - skype keeps installing

2. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    skype loads but is not installed: Upon restart, the skype application loads every time I restart the machine.I am using a MS Windows Surface BOok Pro Windows 10.I would like to uninstall skype but it does not show up in the apps or in the uninstall section.Thanks for any thoughts on this...
  3. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype loads but is not installed: Upon restart, the skype application loads every time I restart the machine.I am using a MS Windows Surface BOok Pro Windows 10.I would like to uninstall skype but it does not show up in the apps or in the uninstall section.Thanks for any thoughts on this...
  4. skype loads but is not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Zoom and Skype keep Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zoom and Skype keep Freezing: Hello, So I've been experiencing freezes on zoom and skype calls. I've reset my network and reentered the wi-fi password. I turned the router off and then on. I've run diagnostics test and it keeps saying nothing is wrong. Nothing is stopping the zoom and skype calls from...
  6. Skype keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype keeps crashing: My Skype keeps crashing. Windows 10 on a laptop. It reaches the log-in page and crashes after i enter my password. i tried reseting it and reinstalling it, neither worked....
  7. Unable to install skype

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install skype: problem with the installation of skype https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unable-to-install-skype/e07d967a-1689-430e-83d3-289c5254597f"
  8. Skype keeps crashing my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype keeps crashing my computer: Whenever I make a call I either get video in use by other program( even though I have turned off access to camera to all apps except Skype, unistalled and reinstalled the camera drivers) or it will work for about 10 seconds, freeze make a loud sound and I have to hard reset...
  9. People app and keeping Skype out of it?

People app and keeping Skype out of it?: I noted on all our user accounts there was some duplication of contacts. I can link them to appear as one (as right clicking these doesn’t give a delet option) but it’s annoying to see three entries of which two have no detail other than just a name. From what I can see Skype...
  10. Not updating/installing anything but keep getting error code1618 skype

Not updating/installing anything but keep getting error code1618 skype: Windows 10 user tried updating skype but getting error code 1618 tried updating AVG anti virus but update failed: update detect running installation. Complete that installation before starting update not installing or updating anything at the moment. [img] [img] 26783

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype 8.5.1 keeps installing

2. skype keeps installing