Windows 10: skype mic issue

Discus and support skype mic issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; as soon as I turn skype on, the mic level starts to approach 100 per cent. Then the skype becomes unusable,,, Everything works fine otherwise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryGreenberg2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. skype mic issue

as soon as I turn skype on, the mic level starts to approach 100 per cent. Then the skype becomes unusable,,, Everything works fine otherwise.

:)

LarryGreenberg2, Sep 6, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Mic issue with Realtek

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check if the MIC is set as the default device. Right click on the volume bar in the notification area and then click on 'recording' devices. In the recording tab, right click in the MIC and click 'Set as Default' and then check. If
    the issue still persists, I would suggest run the Audio troubleshooter and check. Press Windows key +X and then click on 'Control panel'. Click on 'Troubleshooting' and then click on the 'Audio troubleshooter' Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Sep 6, 2018
  4. ASRockIQ Win User

skype mic issue

Issues with Mic? a MB issue? OS issue?

shed some light here. i plugged my Mic. to front panel and the volume is louder but the issue with the Detection at first is still happening. i have to hit the *Detect Audio Devices button in order to get a better connection or whatever. i'll try what you suggested.

ASRockIQ, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

skype mic issue

1. skype mic issue - Similar Threads - skype mic issue

2. Mic issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic issues: Mic issues: So I have my mic right it is fairly new got it around christmas time and it is very good. The only problem is the quality. I know to go to sound settings set mic to default and go to properties and change bit and frequency. But it is at telephone quality and won't...
  3. Mic is missing on Skype

Mic is missing on Skype: I get a message that the mic isn’t found and “One or more audio service isn’t running". The troubleshooter cannot find a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-missing-on-skype/d6b6d262-53dd-467e-8309-892953013a68
  4. Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc: Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip to the top of my Acer Aspire desktop pc M3910 which has USB2 ports. Need to see and hear brother abroad, so just want...
  5. Weird Issue With Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue With Skype: Something weird is happening with Skype and I don't understand why. Both me and my spouse have desktop computers running Windows 10, however I use insider program version and OS build version is a bit newer than hers. She has normal version, but up to date. We both had web...
  6. Skype connection issues

Skype connection issues: Hey guys, I always use vpn with different countries while using skype. From past week when I login to my skype it always show reload on GUI but on system tray it show regular skype icon. And while I dropdown the profile it says active. Check the below attachments. GUI:...
  7. Issue with Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Skype for Business: I recently bought a laptop. OS windows 10 . However i am unable to launch skype for business. It just flashes on the screen for a while and then disappears. IE version is IE11. Tried reinstalling and rebooting system. However it doesn't work. Please help. Thanks in Advance....
  8. Skype Syncing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype Syncing Issue: I installed the latest Skype version on Windows 10. Unfortunately, Skype is not syncing contacts and messages. Looks like I've never used Skype before. Do assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-syncing-issue/e56f608e-3da9-41f9-9567-1eb69ee69fff
  9. Skype issue

Skype issue: So I am on a Skype call with a friend, while playing a game. I can hear all his system sounds and his game come through. We also tried Discord and Teamspeak, same thing. He only had one Mic shown in record Tab, hidden devices shows no others. Stereo Mix is not enabled All...
  10. Skype constantly losing Mic during calls

Skype constantly losing Mic during calls: Hello, I've been having an issue with Skype and Windows 10 Pro. If I use Skype while on my desktop, and open a program like Chrome or even my volume setting s manager, Skype loses my mic and the person on the other side of my call can no longer hear me. All of my drivers...