Windows 10: Skype/ Microsoft Store not working

Discus and support Skype/ Microsoft Store not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, Since the windows 10 update all of my drivers and my apps have been deleted. I tried downloading Skype to my cpu once it downloaded, I tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PARISUR, Apr 10, 2020.

1. PARISUR Win User

Skype/ Microsoft Store not working

Hello,

Since the windows 10 update all of my drivers and my apps have been deleted. I tried downloading Skype to my cpu once it downloaded, I tried opening the app and I keep getting an error " unable to connect please check your internet connection...."

I tried to download it from the Microsoft store and I keep getting this error : Code: 0x80131500

Please help.

Thanks

:)

PARISUR, Apr 10, 2020

2. Skype not downloading from windows 10 store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please provide us with additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code that you receive while trying to download Skype from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined only to Skype app?
    • Were you able to access any other apps from Windows Store?

As this could be an issue Store, I suggest you to run Windows Store troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the
      Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: Clear the Store cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the App.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 10, 2020
  4. bbinnard Win User

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

Skype/ Microsoft Store not working [​IMG]

Skype/ Microsoft Store not working [​IMG]

I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both SKype and Windows Store are in the list of apps allowed through the Defender firewall.

bbinnard, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Skype/ Microsoft Store not working - Similar Threads - Skype Microsoft Store

2. Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P: I am unable to log into Microsoft store on pc to download Skype. I cannot change password since only verification method is old old landline that no longer exists. If I go into Microsoft acct on phone all info is correct and old # dies not appear anywhere. Mobile # however is...
  3. Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P: I am unable to log into Microsoft store on pc to download Skype. I cannot change password since only verification method is old old landline that no longer exists. If I go into Microsoft acct on phone all info is correct and old # dies not appear anywhere. Mobile # however is...
  4. Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microphone will not work in skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone will not work in skype: Hello, I am unable to talk to anyone thru skype. I have re-installed skype software and I am still unable to use it thru skype. The microphone shows it is working when I test it. I have a HP ENvy x360 Convertible Signature Edition. Windows 10 home Version 1903 Installed...
  6. Can't sign in to Mail, Skype, Microsoft Store or Minecraft

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't sign in to Mail, Skype, Microsoft Store or Minecraft: In Mail, the message "Your Outlook settings are out of date" appears. If I click "Fix account", a popup titled "Attention required" appears, with "Fixing account" at the top, but other than that the window is blank and nothing happens. Microsoft Store fails to load. In...
  7. Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016).

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft apps are not working on VPN, (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 2016).: Hi, I have an issue which was articulated extremely well in a previous thread (see link below), and this is EXACTLY how i witness the problem and again I reiterate this appears to be an issue ONLY with Microsoft software, all other software works fine on VPN. Read this...
  8. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store: [img] [img] I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both...
  9. After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store: [img] [img] I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both...
  10. Microsoft is working on simplifying Skype experience

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on simplifying Skype experience: Microsoft in its latest blog post has announced that it is working on simplifying the skype experience based on the users’ feedback. The company had earlier announced that it would be updating users to a new Skype version 8 from the earlier version 7 since the company decided...