Windows 10: Skype mutes all Audio

Discus and support Skype mutes all Audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, If i use Skype with my Bluetooth headset it mutes all other Audio. I already selected Do nothing in the Communications Tab.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by borderbridge, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Skype mutes all Audio

Hello there,

If i use Skype with my Bluetooth headset it mutes all other Audio.

I already selected Do nothing in the Communications Tab. Reinstalled Skype and my Audio Drivers as supposed in ohter Solutions.

Still the Problem persists. My skype Version is 8.63.0.76.

How and why is Skype be allowed to manipulate my audio output of other apps anyway?

This behavior is in no way wanted by me!

Any suggestions what i can do to stop this?

Help is appreciated

Manuel

:)

borderbridge, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Will0330 Win User

Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

I think I may have solved this. It appears that windows has issues with knowing what to mute.

I am using a jabra bluetooth headset on windows 10 version 1703 ... I had two issues:

• When in a skype call, if a skype, windows, outlook or other notification happened it would play over top of my skype call, and also mute my mic, so no one could hear me
    • The fact that the above issue occurred meant that none of my sounds were being muted either
    How did I fix it?

• Go to device manager and find your headset/audio device
    • Disable all audio devices associated with your headset except for one (I had 3 "jabra motion headset devices" showing... and this is after several removal and fresh installs of the headset)
    • Go to sounds (right click on sound icon in taskbar, click "sounds")
    • Ensure only one headset device is listed in your playback and recording tabs (if there are more, disable them)
    • Set your headset as the default playback and recording device
    • You may need to restart after this is all complete (my skype would no longer recognize that I had a mic on my headset)
    • test on skype!
    Once windows only had a single headset device, and it was default, it no longer cuts out during calls, no longer mutes me to play a sound, and no sounds are played during my skype calls. AMAZING!

Will0330, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Skype mutes all Audio

RealTech Audio issue with skype calling

I have updated the RealTech HD Audio driver to the latest version. I then deleted the RealTech Device from my PC and restarted. I was able to Voice Record from my PC . But when I log into Skype, within a few seconds of a call, my microphone goes mute automatically.
    Sometimes when I choose the Call Quality (within Skype) I can choose the RealTech device and the mute shuts off for a few minutes. It then mutes itself within a few seconds. I have the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. Please help me resolve this problem.

DonRiceDPR, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Skype mutes all Audio

1. Skype mutes all Audio - Similar Threads - Skype mutes Audio

2. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  3. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  4. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All audio is muted when I'm on a call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All audio is muted when I'm on a call: Hi all, I have a problem with bluetooth headphones/earphones - all audio stops when entering a discord, google meet, teams call, I can only hear the call but if for example I have also music it gets muted. I found out that this happens also when entering the Recordings tab in...
  6. Microphone app in win10 mutes all audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone app in win10 mutes all audio: This only happens when I play the game squad. It'll turn on the widget on the bottom right saying "this application is using the microphone" However, when it does, all audio is muted even on the game itself. When I turn off the mic app itself, everything is fine, however,...
  7. How to mute Skype? (Deafen)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to mute Skype? (Deafen): I would post this in the Skype sub, but it’s inactive. As people do, I wanna ignore my Skype call and just watch a movie instead, preferably without an indication in Skype that I deafened. But I can’t find a way to mute Skype.. I tried using the volume mixer to mute Skype...
  8. Speaker is muted in Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  9. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows mutes all other sounds Skype: Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound >...
  10. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008