Windows 10: Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I have a call on skype (Windows 10 Pro), all my other sounds are muted like in games. I have tried going to sound>Communications and checking do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Option, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Option Win User

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

When I have a call on skype (Windows 10 Pro), all my other sounds are muted like in games. I have tried going to sound>Communications and checking do nothing but this still did not fix the issue anyone have any ideas?

:)

Option, Jul 29, 2015

2. Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

I have the exact same problem with Windows 10 Pro 64bit using Skype. Other sounds does not mute when a Skype call is made.

In Windows 10, Under "Change System Sounds" there is a "Communication" tab. "When Windows detects Communication Activity", you can choose "Mute all other sounds".

This worked perfectly in Windows 7, but after upgrading to Windows 10 this function no longer works.

This happens on several different computers running Windows 10.

I used a Logitech USB adapter, and tried a brand new Unitek USB to Stereo to Audio converter (C-media Headphone Set). Changing the USB Audio adapter to a different brand does not fix the issue. None are muting the sound when a Skype call is made whilst playing
    a sound file with Windows Media Player or a YouTube video, irrespective of the browser.

Already tried to update drivers in Device Manager. No problems found with drivers installed, and no (!) mark or any other issues noted in device manager. Everything looks OK. The headset and speakers works well, it's just the problem with the muting of of
    all other sounds during a Skype call.

Microsoft (& Skype) needs to address this bug and find a fix for it. Windows clearly has an issue muting all other non communication Sounds. The USB headset is set to Default Communication device, and the speakers are default sound device. It's a generic
    PC, with a Gigabyte motherboard. The PC's had no problems with Windows 7 muting communication Sounds as described by others.

It appears to be a Windows 10 bug. It appears if Windows 10 cannot detect the default communication device or there is a bug in "mute all other sounds" part of Windows 10 Sound.
    Microsoft developers need to address this issue and fix the bug. There should not be a lengthy fix for Windows end users. It should just work as it did in Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Adjusting the Volume level of the USB Headset in Skype does not work. I need to adjust the volume of the headet down at the Speaker next to the clock at the bottom right of Windows to reduce the USB headset volume in Skype 7.30.80.105 (latest version). The
    USB Headset volume stays at MAX. It may also be a Bug in Skype on Windows 10.

Leopard&Lion, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

Yes, this workaround definitely works, but the problem is that some bluetooth headsets featuring multiple audio devices/bluetooth profiles:

- headset (you have mic, but really poor sound quality, not good for music)

- headphones (good sound quality, but no mic)

So if you simply disable the headphones device, Skype will no longer cut of, but you lose good sound quality with other apps (like listening to music)

PeterMolnar3, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Option Win User

Reinstalled Skype, and rebooted my PC and that seems to have solved the issue just incase anyone else has this problem.

Option, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Skype muting sounds

2. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  3. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  4. Using mic muting all other sounds

Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  5. microphone is muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is muting other sounds: I have raycon wireless earphones and when I use the microphone it mutes all other sounds I have tried troubleshoot and disabled excessive mode and nothing will work....
  6. Speaker is muted in Skype

Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  7. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows mutes all other sounds Skype: Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound >...
  8. Notifications mute other sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications mute other sound: Hello, I'm faced with the following conundrum. I will usually have youtube documentaries etc or an audiobook running in the background. Then, one of my few friends will send me a message via Facebook Messenger, which I receive via theMessenger app for Win 10. So far, so...
  9. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  10. Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10: I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute. Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype muting other programs

2. skype mutes other sounds

3. skype windows 10 other sounds

4. windows 10 muting sound on skype,
  5. windows 10 skype muting game sound,
  6. skype mutes audio windows 10