Windows 10: Skype -- my end gets no voice

Discus and support Skype -- my end gets no voice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think this Microsoft Skype may drive me crazy. I had no problems with Skype until MS took it over. Since then, it has been one problem after another.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iamjim, Jun 16, 2020.

1. iamjim Win User

Skype -- my end gets no voice

I think this Microsoft Skype may drive me crazy. I had no problems with Skype until MS took it over. Since then, it has been one problem after another. I've probably reinstalled it 5 times. This time it didn't help.

The person on the other end hears me fine. I see his video and he sees mine but I cannot hear him.

I can't say if this is related or simply another of the endless Skype malfunctions, but when I try to use the Call Testing Service, it says "Messaging unavailable." That is, I can't use the service.

I HATE MICROSOFT!!!

:)

iamjim, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Free Group Voice and Video Calls on Skype for Web and Outlook.com

Source: Free Group Voice and Video Calls - Now on Skype for Web and Skype for Outlook.com - Skype Blogs

Brink, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    How do I get SKYPE voice through Headphones ???

set default communications device in windows, skype may be reading from that.

Mussels, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Skype -- my end gets no voice

skype n8 problem

Skype has an inbuilt test call feature. A contact with name skype test call appears on the top of the contacts list. Call the number to test. Its an automated voice response service that asks you to record a message and plays it back. if you're unable
    to listen back do as suggested by the service.

Roshanrims, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Skype -- my end gets no voice

1. Skype -- my end gets no voice - Similar Threads - Skype end gets

2. How to get rid of Skype.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of Skype.: Since few days Skype has been displayed on the right of the task bar (see image), while I have not installed it.I I searched, I did not find it neither in the installed programs nor in msconfig How to get rid of it? Regards [img] 160263
  3. How to get rid of Skype.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Skype.: Since few days Skype has been displayed on the right of the task bar (see image), while I have not installed it.I I searched, I did not find it neither in the installed programs nor in msconfig How to get rid of it? Regards [img] 160263
  4. Not getting gigabit speeds, and it's on my end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not getting gigabit speeds, and it's on my end: About a week ago, I upgraded my internet plan from 300mbps to the gigabit plan. I'm still getting around 350mbps download. I had a Comcast tech out here, and he confirmed for me that I am indeed getting gigabit speeds. He plugged in his laptop to my modem directly, and was...
  5. Skype gets a new logo

in Windows 10 News
    Skype gets a new logo: Proud of our rich history and deep roots in communications, Skype has already seen several logo changes at different strategic moments along the way. We loved our logo but as a signal to our customers, we’ve evolved all our Office icons to reflect significant product changes....
  6. Skype for Business Online End of Life on July 31, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business Online End of Life on July 31, 2021: [ATTACH] Today Microsoft announced that Skype for Business Online will be retiring on July 31, 2021. Though we didn’t know the exact date until today, we have been preparing for this for the past year and are ready to support you however we can as we work together to help...
  7. Microsoft will end support for Skype version 7 in November

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will end support for Skype version 7 in November: We’re continuing to work on your most requested features. Recently we launched call recording and have started to roll out the ability to search within a conversation. You’ll soon be able to add phone numbers to existing contacts, have more control over your availability...
  8. Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible: Hi there was wondering if it's possible to use the voice controller on the Amazon fire TV box / stick as a microphone to make / receive skype calls. As it's (the Amazon fire TV box) an android device installing SKYPE on it isn't a problem and you can use the controller to...
  9. Free Group Voice and Video Calls on Skype for Web and Outlook.com

in Windows 10 News
    Free Group Voice and Video Calls on Skype for Web and Outlook.com: Staying up to date with groups of friends and family is easy with Skype for Web (beta) and Skype for Outlook.com and, thanks to all your feedback and requests, we’ve just made your group chats even better! From today, in addition to group IM we’ve launched free group voice...
  10. Get ready for Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Get ready for Skype for Business: Today at Convergence, our CEO Satya Nadella encouraged companies to embrace the open exchange of information using intelligent, collaborative tools that enable people and organizations to achieve more. Delivering technology that helps people connect—to discuss, share and...