Windows 10: SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

Discus and support SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Visser, Apr 16, 2019.

1. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

Hi,

I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them.

I have the following problem:

1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked them in the past) my old company SKYPE business SKYPE NAME.

2. I would like to de-link that old company SKYPE NAME from my personal MICROSOFT HOME account and link it to my personal SKYPE NAME (I have had it for many years).

3. Everything I read shows this is not possible BUT I do not work at the old company anymore and need to change BUT not loose my current HOME subscriptions with Microsoft (that seems to be the only way to de-link the 2).

Help,

David

:)

David Visser, Apr 16, 2019

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Skype Name

Hey there, Ron

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

The Skype App, and your Skype Account, now takes information directly from your Microsoft Account. Hence why your name has changed to your personal name.

To change this, please go to https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile

You will need to sign into your profile. Then you can edit your own username.

All your contacts will still be able to contact you. All that has changed is your name. Also, changing your name does not loose anything either. All it does is change your name.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Apr 16, 2019
  4. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

Skype Name

Hey there, Ron

It is your Skype Name

If you select Edit Profile, above the form data on the right hand side, you should be able to change that to what ever you want SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account :)

These were changed when the Microsoft Accounts were finally merged with Skype. This probably changed your name in the process.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

1. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account - Similar Threads - SKYPE NAME Incorrect

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. Two Instances of Skype. Same Time, 2 Accounts / User Names, Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Instances of Skype. Same Time, 2 Accounts / User Names, Firefox: I am endeavoring to run two instances of Skype at the same time. The idea is like one account for work and one for the family. I have the two Skype accounts working well enough. In trying to sort out how to get both active at the same time. I have become lost in history and...
  4. Two Instances of Skype. Same Time, 2 Accounts / User Names, Firefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Instances of Skype. Same Time, 2 Accounts / User Names, Firefox: I am endeavoring to run two instances of Skype at the same time. The idea is like one account for work and one for the family. I have the two Skype accounts working well enough. In trying to sort out how to get both active at the same time. I have become lost in history and...
  5. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype: Hello, I wanted to change my password on my Microsoft account and when I started to do so, I noticed a message that said once I change my password my Skype account will be linked to my Microsoft account. I would prefer not to have them linked. Will changing the password now...
  6. Combining Microsoft and Skype account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining Microsoft and Skype account: I just set up my new PC running Windows 10. It asked for my MS account or Skype name, I entered my Skype name. Now it often asks for my email address. I enter the email address associated with my MS account. I cannot go further, because I get the error message that the email...
  7. Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger: Hello team, I hope you can help me out. Back in time I had created different Skype accounts for work purposes. Since now, Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts are the same thing, I have a number of duplicate accounts mainly because the Microsoft accounts were directly...
  8. Skype account blocked.

Skype account blocked.: I still have credit showing, but I can't dial out on any saved number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-account-blocked/6d661a2f-63cb-4212-86be-1a09c5d5174a
  9. Skype Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Skype Account: I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password and everything seems ok apart from skype. what should I do...
  10. Microsoft account to use skype

Microsoft account to use skype: Hi, On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the Skype account. In the next day, I tried to login using that account in Microsoft and it told me that it didnt recognized my...