Windows 10: Skype no longer starts with DCOM error

Discus and support Skype no longer starts with DCOM error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to start the Skype Windows 10 app the app closes immediately and drops the following into the System event long: The server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Lazio, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Skype no longer starts with DCOM error

Whenever I try to start the Skype Windows 10 app the app closes immediately and drops the following into the System event long:

The server Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.40.70.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c!App.AppX83nfr1wxf8k71mee5c2w5x6mbn0f3kng.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I've tried:

-resetting the app

-reinstalling the app from the store

-doing a reset of Windows.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (not N edition).

Any ideas? Getting close to punting and using the more-reliable Skype for Desktop app.

:)

James Lazio, Mar 3, 2019
  2. dencal Win User

Skype starts with boot

When you open Skype not on does it appear on screen, an icon also shows on Taskbar as shown.
    Follow my earlier instruction right clicking on task bar icon, then clicking on QUIT SKYPE, this renders it inactive
    It will not start again until you click on Skype to open, then when finished again click QUIT SKYPE.
    Do this each time you finish using Skype.
    Then Skype will no longer appear on taskbar until you reopen it.

dencal, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Skype not starting

"If that does not work, I recommend you use the desktop app.

Getting started | Download, install, and upgrade - Skype Support

https://support.skype.com/en/skype/windows-desk..."

Any chance we can get this working the DCOM is not registering proeperrly and its a real pain using the OLD skype. This ahppened after 1709 feature update.

There doesnt seem to be any solution, the scripts dont work.

It looks like a typical misleading error from MS.

Nothing else to try?

Damian Hatcher, Mar 3, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Skype no longer starts with DCOM error

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Skype no longer starts with DCOM error

1. Skype no longer starts with DCOM error - Similar Threads - Skype longer starts

2. Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Photos Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Photos Error: Hi,Since April 11 my windows\temp folder is filling up with junk .evtx files.Went to the EventViewer and saw that the following message occurs every 15 minutes:"Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR: I encountered followed error:Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Wallet_2.4.18324.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppXgvxkrr1tm1jwgecmqbxe81yfbwpjdn1h.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958106"Happened while starting this...
  4. Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR: I encountered followed error:Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Wallet_2.4.18324.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppXgvxkrr1tm1jwgecmqbxe81yfbwpjdn1h.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958106"Happened while starting this...
  5. Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR

6. "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error: I have hundred of this error when I start my computer:Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_1000.22000.258.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958023"Happened while starting this...
  7. "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error: I have hundred of this error when I start my computer:Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_1000.22000.258.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958023"Happened while starting this...
  8. DCOM error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM error: I have an app from Canon which transfers images from my camera to the la[ptop. This has worked seamlessly for a couple of years. All of a sudden after a windows update? it won't run. from my own local administrator account. It will run from other accounts on the laptop. Canon...
  9. Unable to start a DCOM Server Error

Unable to start a DCOM Server Error: So my computer has been restarting randomly recently and I keep getting this error message in event viewer: Unable to start a DCOM Server: {3C296D07-90AE-4FAC-86F9-65EAA8B82D22}. The error: "2147942625" Happened while starting this command:...
  10. DCOM Error

DCOM Error: Hi i have been having an issue with the following error: My surface pro displays a bluescreen a quick error message the pc has experienced an error. Boots to UEFI and I have to manually restart. I have done all my updates and I even went back to factory default and the issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to start dcom server skype

2. skype room system dcom errors