Windows 10: Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works)

Discus and support Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Latest Skype versions on my computer behaves weird, Skype taskbar notification icon works not same as it was before with Skype7 on event when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TEMPUSER221218, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works)

Hello,
    Latest Skype versions on my computer behaves weird, Skype taskbar notification icon works not same as it was before with Skype7 on event when new message arrives.

APP: Skype 8.50.0.38 (same behavior was with previous version too)

Case 1:
    On OS boot, Skype starts, but taskbar icon shows no sighs that app is even launched. (tray icon appears)
    When user receives message, only push notification appears, taskbar icon remains without any signs.

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works) gYPdPh9.png

Case 2:
    Once user clicks Skype icon, main window pops up, then we minimize app.
    Now we can see that taskbar icon have bottom line, like other apps which are currently running.
    And now when we receive message, we see push notification and taskbar icon color change.

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works) hHVucha.png

This results that, I don't see if any new message arrives until on startup I manually open app.
    Sure you can disable option to start app minimized, but then on each startup you will be greeted with main windows. But I prefer when all messaging apps launches in background.

Settings:

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works) f2Dd8AB.png

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works) WR2TBzq.png

:)

TEMPUSER221218, Aug 4, 2019
  2. ITshadow Win User

ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works)

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works)

1. Skype, no taskbar icon notification on startup.(open, minimize, works) - Similar Threads - Skype taskbar icon

2. Taskbar Icons Not Working / Run Command Does Not Open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons Not Working / Run Command Does Not Open: Hello. Please, if one of you has time could you please try to help me? I've tried all of the "easy" fixes for this issue. I'm not sure what to do next. I just updated Windows 10 and still am having issues. Here is the PowerShell readout: Thank you for any help someone...
  3. Notification icon will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification icon will not open: When I click on the notification icon in the bottom right of my task bar it will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-icon-will-not-open/91e9ea3b-aa7c-4372-a909-f5c804382e3e
  4. Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize

Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize: Windows10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize. Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-minimized-on-taskbar-do-not-open-or/d1065dee-2819-4108-9a7f-5701059b9ff8
  5. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  6. Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening: Hello Heroes of the Internet. I need your help. I run Windows 10 on my pc. Suddenly, when using my computer, I was unable to get minimized windows to re-open. However, I was still able to see the preview of the page. I tried task manager, but anything I brought up would...
  7. Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup: Hey everyone, just made this account cause I can't find a permanent solution anywhere. As the title states, the Volume Icon in the Taskbar is missing on Windows Startup. Yes, I know I can bring it back by restarting my Explorer.exe and such, still it bugs me to do so on...
  8. When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize

in Windows 10 Support
    When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize: It used to be that when you had a window open you could minimize it by clicking it corresponding icon in the task bar. that feature appears to no longer work and you must open each window individually and go to the minimize icon in that window to minimize it. or you can hover...
  9. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No GWX notification icon in taskbar: Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do? 6884
  10. Application opens ONLY as taskbar-minimal - running but inaccessible

in Windows 10 Support
    Application opens ONLY as taskbar-minimal - running but inaccessible: lots of posts on this one but no answers I have found. I have one little application that I have used since 8.1 called Peace.exe - a GUI for the Equalizer APO. worked great until the Creators update. It is in my Startup folder - but Startup or manually invoked, it will run,...