Windows 10: Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

Discus and support Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cavey, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Cavey Win User

Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute.

Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is cut. However, on W10 (both Home and Enterprise) the sound through the speakers is not muted.

Seems to be the exact opposite of the following...

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Any ideas?

:)

Cavey, Aug 5, 2015

2. skype and other sound

hello,

i am facing a issue,when i plug in the hands free and listening to music in my laptop but windows 10 still plays music on laptop speakers, untill i restart the laptop. when incoming msg from skype received after that windows also getting play the
    music on laptop speakers.

also when i make a call on skype after some beeps or when other side picked up call but on my side still beeps and after some beeps skype notify me "problem with recording device" again tried to make a call or other side tried to make call but skype notify
    me "problem with playback device" then on third or forth time finally successful to make call.

these issues were not there when i was using windows 7.

Talal Ahmed, Aug 5, 2015
  3. skype and other sound

Hi Talal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you receive an audio playback error while using Skype application on Windows 10. We will certainly help you with this.

Please answer the following questions to help you better and fix this issue.

1) Are you referring to the Skype desktop application or Skype modern App?

2) Are you able to listen to other audio file from your computer?

3) Have you set headphone as default audio output?

4) Is the issue confined only to Skype App?

To set headphones as default sound output, follow the steps given below.

Step 1: Right click on the volume symbol present on the right hand bottom corner.

Step 2: Select Sounds, select the tab Playback.

Step 3: From the list click on Headphone and select Set Default.

Step 4: Click Apply and OK.

Please follow the troubleshooting methods if you are facing the issue with the Skype App.

Running the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Please go to the following link and follow troubleshooting steps given.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

For further assistance you can contact Skype forum. You can contact them here:

Skype - Microsoft Community

We hope this helps you. Please write to us if you have any other Windows related issue.

Thank you.

Azaruddin S, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Cavey Win User

Various W10 updates but this still happens; any comments?

Cavey, Sep 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Skype muting sounds

2. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  3. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  4. Using mic muting all other sounds

Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  5. microphone is muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is muting other sounds: I have raycon wireless earphones and when I use the microphone it mutes all other sounds I have tried troubleshoot and disabled excessive mode and nothing will work....
  6. Speaker is muted in Skype

Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  7. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows mutes all other sounds Skype: Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound >...
  8. Notifications mute other sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications mute other sound: Hello, I'm faced with the following conundrum. I will usually have youtube documentaries etc or an audiobook running in the background. Then, one of my few friends will send me a message via Facebook Messenger, which I receive via theMessenger app for Win 10. So far, so...
  9. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  10. Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.: When I have a call on skype (Windows 10 Pro), all my other sounds are muted like in games. I have tried going to sound>Communications and checking do nothing but this still did not fix the issue anyone have any ideas? 9664

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype mutes other sounds

2. how to make skype not mute other sounds