Windows 10: Skype not working on HP Laptop.

Discus and support Skype not working on HP Laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a Windows 10 HP Laptop, I have the latest version of Skype, sometimes if I get a message I will hear the sound but when I look there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trudi, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Trudi Win User

Skype not working on HP Laptop.

I am using a Windows 10 HP Laptop, I have the latest version of Skype, sometimes if I get a message I will hear the sound but when I look there is no message, then after an hour or so the message appears, or sometimes the message does not make a sound, also calls don't always come through, or it can ring and my laptop and if I don't answer it within a few seconds it will freeze, does anyone else have this problem, or has anyone had this Problem?

:)

Trudi, Jul 6, 2020

2. Skype is so screwed up!

It's great that you're all suggesting other programs to use, but skype is a major chat client. Everyone I know uses skype, and very little would install and use something almost unknown like ooVoo. The link that Viper posted does indeed work. I was having the same errors as you on my laptop and it fixed it.

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Skype not working on HP Laptop.

Built in laptop webcam not working on Skype

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop (January 2015) with built-in webcam that does not now work on Windows 10 with Skype. I use Skype infrequently and when I do use it the reason is important. Various postings suggest that the driver will need updating and that
    I should look for Imaging Devices in Device Manager. Imaging Devices is not there so I am stuck. I suspect this may be a tricky question as my attempt to get on-line report has failed. I asked for a ring back and it did not happen. I then went for an on-line
    chat and got no takers.

Help please

francismole, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Skype not working on HP Laptop.

1. Skype not working on HP Laptop. - Similar Threads - Skype working Laptop

2. HP Laptop Touchpad is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Touchpad is not working: I have HP windows 10 laptop. My laptop touchpad is not working. I have removed and reinstalled touchpad drivers. I have updated windows. I have reset the PC by keeping all files. I have downloaded and installed the touchpad drivers from HP website too. Nothing is working....
  3. hp laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp laptop not working: i have a hp laptop im not sure what model but it logged me out a while ago and it turned back on slower than usual and it sent me to a blue screen it then said hp recovery manager and it had 3 options on the bottle save log details and retry ive saved all my sutff on the usb...
  4. hp laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp laptop not working: i have a hp laptop im not sure what model but it logged me out a while ago and it turned back on slower than usual and it sent me to a blue screen it then said hp recovery manager and it had 3 options on the bottle save log details and retry ive saved all my sutff on the usb...
  5. hp laptop not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. hp laptop internet not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hp laptop internet not working: Hey Hp support, My laptops internet is randomly disconnecting, but it still shows I have internet. I’ve updated the drivers, done a internet reset and it still does this often. please help...
  7. Laptop microphone works in skype but not in Zoom

Laptop microphone works in skype but not in Zoom: Hi there Zoom is not hearing anything through the mic when I speak. I have checked ALL the settings for the microphone, privacy settings are correct and all audio settings in Zoom are correct. Zoom sees my mic, it just isn't picking anything up whenI speak. The mic...
  8. HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype: It goes through the install process and gets to testing webcam then nothing. Everything progress normally but when it gets to testing video, it stays on that screen and you can not even log in or out. You must use task manager to exit the program. Any help will be...
  9. Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype: The camera is not broken as I was able to use it on a "test my camera" site. But it does not work on the Camera App (0xA00F4240 error), where it claims I need to change Privacy Settings. However, the privacy settings show camera is accessible by all apps. In the test frame...
  10. Skype not working on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype not working on new Laptop: Having this Dell Laptop recently and setting the various email accounts and other programs previously used on my old HP laptop. Now I've come to setup my Skype account to use it to contact my overseas contacts, when it is clicked I see a splash and nothing else. Read...