Windows 10: Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...

Discus and support Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just acquired a new Windows 10 and laptop and signed in to the Skype service that is integrated into the Windows 10 OS. I have had a Skype-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Numbahana, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Numbahana Win User

Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...

I just acquired a new Windows 10 and laptop and signed in to the Skype service that is integrated into the Windows 10 OS. I have had a Skype-in number (USA) for more than a decade and always maintain high balance of Skype Credit in my account. I had been using Skype on an older laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10 OS, but I did not used the OS-integrated Skype. Never experienced any problems until this new laptop [BTW - laptop current on all OS and other updates]

Issue -- no audio (beep/ring) or visual (small pop-up to click on to answer) notification of incoming Skype-in calls.

Detailed description: I am signed into Skype and have the Skype window with my contact list showing whenever I expect a telephone-to-Skype incoming call, but there is no sound or visual notification that the call is coming in. I go the next step and open the contact details/call&SMS history window for the specific caller. Still no sound notification when the caller dials me at my Skype-in number. The only way to complete a call is for me to "Skype-out" call to the contact's telephone number. After the contact answers, I tell them to call me back -- only then does the incoming call notification work, both audio and visual. The error is consistent -- happens every time the caller tries to call me [this is the daily family call which we have been doing for years when I am traveling] Other details: I am connected to the internet via a Lan cable on a highspeed fiber connection at my end; caller is calling from a landline. Laptop is high-spec

Have not yet tested on with other call-in contacts and have not tested on Skype-to-Skype calls, but need to solve the above issue because it is my primary use of Skype. I am sitting at my laptop with headset on waiting for the call, but no notification that it is coming in!

:)

Numbahana, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Contacts in Skype

In the desktop version of Skype when you click on the unknown contact once you should get the option to add to contacts or block.
    Select Block and then select mark as spam.
    They will then be placed here:

Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact... [​IMG]

and you won't get any notifications from them any more.
    You might get new ones once in awhile, but it will peter off after some time, when you keep reporting as spam.
    I have the suspicion it's Bots phishing, working like an auto-dialer with telephones, trying to find a good/legit "number", then the spamming really starts.

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2018
  3. No Audio or Visual Push Notifications

I have the Lumia 950xl and I am not receiving any audio or visual notifications for text messages and email. I checked all my settings and they seem to be correct. I get a visual notification for missed calls, though. Any help?

GloAnderson, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...

Skype does not synchronize contacts with the one stores in the telephone

Hello,

The Skype application in my windows phone 8.1 has imported the telephone contacts when installed but it does not keeps them up to date.

When I modify a telephone contact it is not synchronized in Skype.

Thanks for help,

Francesco

FrancescoGrifo, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...

1. Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact... - Similar Threads - Skype number call

2. Telephone Call from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telephone Call from Microsoft: I received a telephone call from 1-913-348-7459 this morning from a technician from Microsoft--supposedly. The tech had a foreign accent and said my computer was sending Microsoft information from my computer, but he did not tell me it was from my laptop or desktop. He...
  3. Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft: Received a phone call from a person stating he was from Microsoft Refund Department and I needed to be in front of my computer or laptop and he would walk me through how to get my $249.95 refund either by check, credit card department, or directly to my checking account. When...
  4. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I want to be able, to make a phone number, using my computer, speakers and microphone. If it works, I want to call 816 ***-****. 536-2203 That way . . . I can talk to my wife "Dana" Thanks for reading . . . Jerry If, I install Skype . . . You have to pay for it's...
  5. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I'm living in a retirement home. But, I have no access to a telephone. Would it be possible, to make a phone call? Using my, computer speakers & mic? Would it, be a free app? How do I, dial etc. Please explain everything. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. calls from contact list

calls from contact list: We are getting calls from our contact list. When we answer it says the Microsoft account has been hacked. But the account looks good. How do I prevent others from accessing my contact list?...
  7. telephone calls on renewing

telephone calls on renewing: Getting calls from a woman stating that my microsoft windows will expire today if I do not call 860-503-8831 immediately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telephone-calls-on-renewing/d00eb4f4-ec1e-46e1-bb3e-ea94402cf06f"
  8. Three Telephone Calls From MSFT Today

Three Telephone Calls From MSFT Today: I have received three telephone call from a woman calling herself Sherly or Cheri. All the calls have had different telephone numbers. She says if I don't do what she asks, my MSFT software will be shut down....
  9. Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...
  10. Telephone calls

Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...