Windows 10: Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

Discus and support Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynBuchanan1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype password, it also reset my Microsoft account password. Does that mean for all devices? I tried the help desk and got no response at all. I called the Microsoft help phone number that is given on the automated help page and that number has been disconnected. I tried to reset my Microsoft password back to what it was and it tells me that I can't use an old password - which means that Microsoft is keeping a list of all the passwords I use, so if Microsoft gets hacked, I have lost all my security, my company's security, my contacts have lost their security, etc. What's going on here? Is it now a total security risk to even have a Microsoft account?

:)

LynBuchanan1, Mar 24, 2020

2. Unable to change Skype password

Hello,

I have merged my Skype and Microsoft accounts. However, it appears that I can still log into Skype using my Skype password -or- my Microsoft password. Additionally, when I go to change my Skype password, I am prompted to change either my Microsoft password,
    or my Skype password.

Because the accounts are merged, shouldn't the Microsoft account password be used and the Skype password be invalidated? What is the purpose of still keeping the Skype password?

Original title: Merged accounts

mattwestm1, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Change Skype password (not Skype for Windows)

Hi,

I use Skype 7.41, so the legacy Skype, not Skype for Windows from the Store.

I did not link my Skype account to my Microsoft account, and I do not want to.

I need to change my password, however, when I try to change it from the Skype legacy website Sign in to Skype... it redirects me to the Microsoft website Sign in to your Microsoft account... and the only password that I can change is the one of my Microsoft
    account not the Skype one.

Any help on how to change my Skype password would be much appreciated.

Philippe

Philippe Willems, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

Unable to change Skype password

Microsoft have linked my skype account and my Microsoft account (without my permission) I thought I was changing my skype account passwords but it was the Microsoft account password. I want to go back to my old password that I changed only a week or so
    ago. how do I do this

SimonDawson_5625, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

1. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords? - Similar Threads - Skype password change

2. changing my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing my password: In spite of successfully. changing my password, when I sign in again I'm refused. I've done this the past two days since I get locked out. I'm trying to talk to a human to help me and find no way to do this. I have several applications on my android phone that I can no longer...
  3. If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password?: If i change my microsoft password, does that alo change my windows password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-change-my-microsoft-password-does-that-alo/accd88f8-4c7e-4ce9-a686-1d7ee2b3a5dc
  4. Changed My Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed My Password: Why is my new password to sign into Microsoft work in my Android phone but not on my Dell desktop?My response on my desktop says the password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.Scott...
  5. Changed My Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed My Password: Why is my new password to sign into Microsoft work in my Android phone but not on my Dell desktop?My response on my desktop says the password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.Scott...
  6. Changing my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing my password: I'm wondering if I decide to change my password will I still be able to access my stuff on my device's right away after it is changed. Is it normal to have a problem getting access to my account after making a change. See I want to change it, but if I'm going to have problems...
  7. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype: Hello, I wanted to change my password on my Microsoft account and when I started to do so, I noticed a message that said once I change my password my Skype account will be linked to my Microsoft account. I would prefer not to have them linked. Will changing the password now...
  8. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?: My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this...
  9. Microsoft changing my password

Microsoft changing my password: I`m sorry if this isn`t the right topic but I couldn`t find anything else more appropiate , so here I go . I created a microsoft account to use skype like years ago , but since I moved to other apps I am not using skype anymore , therefore not using microsoft that much...
  10. change Microsoft password

change Microsoft password: I hear Microsoft has been hacked again. I want to change my password. Is the procedure the same as when one forgets one's password. Please provide link. Many thanks...