Windows 10: skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

Discus and support skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so some may remember the whole thing where chrome made a black box with a play/pause button pop up next to your volume control. that was a simple fix,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kinomun, Feb 14, 2020.

1. kinomun Win User

skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

so some may remember the whole thing where chrome made a black box with a play/pause button pop up next to your volume control. that was a simple fix, it was fine.

but...now i'm getting something like that, but with skype.

skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it? [​IMG]

i still have the chrome thing disabled, so i'm completely stuck on how to get rid of this thing. its annoying, its large and clunky, and just gets in the way.

:)

kinomun, Feb 14, 2020

2. Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Feb 14, 2020
  4. skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

Hi,

Currently the only way that I can adjust the volume of my headphones is by using the buttons on the headphones or by adjusting the volume in the software that is playing the audio. When I use the volume keys on my keyboard or adjust the volume in the control
    panel, it shows me that the volume is increasing but the volume of the headphones does not increase at all. Does anyone know how to use the volume keys to adjust headphone volume?

I'm also not sure which topic this falls under in the given list so I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks.

Henry_Denny, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

1. skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it? - Similar Threads - skype pause thing

2. Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume: Hello Microsoft Community. Maybe there is a solution that I have not found but when I adjust my volume there is no buttons, but a square there instead. SCREENSHOT BELOW...
  3. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.: Hi, I was testing out a speaker to connect to my PC. Controlled with my phone, it seems fine. 0-100% volume is consistent. However, when trying to control the volume via PC, there would be a weird phenomenon.When the volume is set to 0-30%, it would be really loud. When it...
  4. is there a way to turn off the pause and play thing when i change my volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to turn off the pause and play thing when i change my volume?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/THUD1Y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ge374d/is_there_a_way_to_turn_off_the_pause_and_play/
  5. skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype pause thing next to volume control when trying to adjust it?: so some may remember the whole thing where chrome made a black box with a play/pause button pop up next to your volume control. that was a simple fix, it was fine. but...now i'm getting something like that, but with skype. [img] i still have the chrome thing disabled, so...
  6. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Dell XPS 15, the volume slider that usually showed by itself, now shows up with a play-pause control window (see the picture). I must've pressed some wrong keys and since then it doesn't go away. It does so only in chrome though. So when...
  7. How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?: My laptop crashed today, and upon rebooting an annoying new feature wormed its way into my experience. When I adjust the volume with the FN + arrow keys, a popup appears with a pause/skip button. I'm okay with the volume bar, but I really want to get rid of that second black...
  8. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  9. Volume control button on bottom of monitor only goes down when I tried to adjust UP. No...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume control button on bottom of monitor only goes down when I tried to adjust UP. No...: Volume control button on bottom of monitor only goes down when I tried to adjust UP. No volume at all now. thx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/volume-control-button-on-bottom-of-monitor-only/5c6f2a31-cc86-4c89-ac5d-7b8a897c9e45
  10. Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc

Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc: Hello guys, I have this strange problem. When I adjust my volume or try to change the song the icons, which display the feature, show as little squares, here's a picture of the problem. [img] Any ideas? Thank you! 73267